Watford snap up Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaumontfox

It's from tribal football.

Watford have swooped for Leicester City midfielder Gareth Williams.
The Times says the Scotland international is on his way to Vicarage Road, along with defender Miguel Angel Llera, who will join on loan from Gimnastic de Tarragona.

It's from tribal football.

Watford have swooped for Leicester City midfielder Gareth Williams.
The Times says the Scotland international is on his way to Vicarage Road, along with defender Miguel Angel Llera, who will join on loan from Gimnastic de Tarragona.

It's also in the Times:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-2575542,00.html

No mention of a fee, but given where we are right now, it had better be enough to allow us to get a couple of ppl in today.

COuld mean one of two things:

We are desperate for money and Williams is the only one we could get rid of,
Or
The rumours about Holland may be true.

If we don't replace him our midfield looks very very poor

league one is getting closer! even southend beat Birmingham last night? could you honestly see us beating them?

COuld mean one of two things:

We are desperate for money and Williams is the only one we could get rid of,
Or
The rumours about Holland may be true.

If we don't replace him our midfield looks very very poor

IMO this is the beginning of the new era. Players deemd surplus to requirements being moved and I would hope loan signings coming in with a view to permanent moves in the summer.

I think this is a good move for the club, even without MM. It might bring some stability to the midfield. Williams is like 2 different players and just adds an extra headache to the team selection as RK will never know which one will show up.

I think this is a good move for the club, even without MM. It might bring some stability to the midfield. Williams is like 2 different players and just adds an extra headache to the team selection as RK will never know which one will show up.

but who will play CM on sat? Hughes has been playing on the right, please dont say Andy Johnson..:icon_cry:

but who will play CM on sat? Hughes has been playing on the right, please dont say Andy Johnson..:icon_cry:
Tiatto, Hughes, Johnson, Wesolowski, Hume (?), all 5 can play central mid

Cad or Elvis on the right

Last edited:
I just wonder if was it a board or Rob Kelly decision to sell Williams

I think if there is a fee involved its a great move by the club i would rather get something for him now than nothing for him in the summer however small the fee.

IMO Johnson is a much better player than Williams. Whatever the reason is I don't know, but he certainly isn't as shit as he has been playing.

Having said that, based on appearances for City this season alone, Williams is a long way above Johnson.

One of our biggest earners off the books....
Exactly.

There are two ways of looking at this

1) See Alex's post (A negative but essential decision)

2) A spare slot for MM to fill next week (A positive and a non essential, but benfefitial and ambitious decision)

Either way I'm happy

Last edited:
I'm sure when we got him from Forest they were entitled to a cut of any sell on fee. I think it was quite a high percentage too.

Doubt we would've got a lot of ££ for him if anything im quite suprised. What is it last one out turn out the lights? Last day of the deadline, surely we are bringing in some players today if not sign then loan, i will be amazed if we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566