Wayne Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas123

Since he has left our defence has been a shambles!

Actually since NP has left, since he is a defence minded coach, you can see why are defence was so tight when he was around.

NP doesn't seem to be doing too well defence wise this season.

For a fair few games, I thought we were lucky. I believe that what is happening now, could quite easily have happened last season.
Our defence was not as rock solid as some people make out.

Apart from friday when Morrison was gash I do not think its the centre backs that are at fault. IMO Sousa is trying to get the full backs to attack more which is leaving gaps at the back which the centre backs just can not cover.

Plus I think the midfield is being stretched aswell,if you look at coventrys goal against us when the ball was played out to the wing hobbs was trying to cut it out about 30-40 yard from his own goal so couldnt get back in time to challenge for the header.

Well I would say that Morrison is better than Brown, Brown was good in the air but shite on the ground but IMO Morrison can do both. And there is no doubt that Hobbs is a mile better, so it is really since NP has left that our defence is shamblesPlus Morrison can play in goal

Apart from friday when Morrison was gash I do not think its the centre backs that are at fault. IMO Sousa is trying to get the full backs to attack more which is leaving gaps at the back which the centre backs just can not cover.

Lamey did not look like he'd been told to attack last night, hardly made a single forward run and a few (very few) opportunities on the break were missed because he didn't make a move.

Last edited:
Lamey did not look like he'd been told to attack last night, hardly made a single forward run and a few (very few) opportunities on the break were missed because he didn't make a move.
Lamey sitting back certainly helped us to not concede too many........

God, if Wayne Brown held our defence together last season then we are going to win the league, its got nothing to do with Brown or Pearson about how shit we are, it has everything to do with Sousa and Bruno O.

For all his many limitations on and off the field, WB certainly gave it some in the vocals department. This must be the quietest defence I've ever seen play for City. The only mouthy players we've got are Wellens and Waggy, who waste most of this in whining to the ref.

We're short of a leader in defence and a midfield general - or should that be Fuhrer and Generalissimo?

Last edited:
Wayne hasn't been getting much game time at PNE? Is he injured ?

No, quite simply he's shit, he was shit when he was here. what ever is going on here at the minute, I never felt at ease last season when Brown was in the side, with beyond poor distribution ( long aimless punts up field) Even with PS doing his best to feck about with our defenders I wouldn't want Brown back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669