WC finally ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

glyn

The ICC must be the most incompetent administration in the world. They let the world cup go on so that it takes 7 weeks to prove that the Aussies are the best, and then don't use an extra day to make sure the final is completed over 50 overs rather than Duckworth-Lewis :icon_roll

I'm glad it's over. 6 months ago I was really looking forward to the forthcoming International Cricket (The Ashes, The Tri-Nations, The World Cup) but it's dragged on for way too long, mainly because of how shocking England have been (yet again). Now we can concentrate on Leicestershire in the hope that we have a successful summer!

This last few months have seriously hampered my like of cricket, I just can't be bothered to watch it anymore.

i actually enjoyed the wc. but it does take to long as a tourney really.

I thought it was good personally.

I thought it was good personally.

i would have gone if i was loaded, imagine that for a world cup location.

all inclusive hotel every day, beach when theres not a game on, loads of england cricket fans. superb

i would have gone if i was loaded, imagine that for a world cup location.

all inclusive hotel every day, beach when theres not a game on, loads of england cricket fans. superb

And a Murder that runied the whole world cup and many fans that lost interest in this world cup as all the good teams didnt even get through

I could of hosted a better World Cup in Leicester.

12 teams....4 seeded to the 2nd Round stage...Australia, S.Africa, S.Lanka and N.Zealand.

8 Teams in the first round, England, W.Indies, India, Zimbabwe, Bangladesh, Pakistan and then....2 qualifiers from the ICC Trophy played at Brauny Park.

Group A: England, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Ireland from Western Park and Humberstone Park

Group B: W.Indies, India, Zimbabwe and Kenya from Spinney Hill Park and Aylestone Recky

Then the top 2 go through to Group 1 and Group 2
Group 1 - Australia, N.Zealand + 2 qualifiers
Group 2 - S.Lanka, S.Africa + 2 qualifiers

Gp 1 at Victoria Pk and Gp 2 at Abbey Park

Then semi-s and final at Grace Road

Simple, that's 12 teams with all the ODI teams and enteries from minor countries. 8 venues within 4 miles and just 27 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669