WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE

Interesting comments from EM after the game last night:

... have left Maresca wanting to “clarify” and “modify” processes behind the scenes at City. Asked after the 3-0 win over Preston if he was beginning to get excited for the Premier League season, Maresca said: “No, to be honest. Now it’s time to enjoy a little bit, finish well, then we’re going to sit with the club.

“I’ve told you already this season that, in January, when we had the problems with Casadei and Sensi, that was not the moment to talk about that. I told you when we had the financial problems that it was not the moment to talk about that because we needed to be focused on our target. Now the season is finished, I need to sit with the club and to try to clarify things that unfortunately this year I didn’t like.”

Put to Maresca that he sounded frustrated, he added: “No, I’m not frustrated. I’m the most happy man in the world in this moment. But because I’m in charge of this club in terms of being the manager, I need things to work well. For me, there are things we need to clarify and we need to modify. Now is the moment to enjoy, but things happened this season that I didn’t like.”

... have left Maresca wanting to “clarify” and “modify” processes behind the scenes at City. Asked after the 3-0 win over Preston if he was beginning to get excited for the Premier League season, Maresca said: “No, to be honest. Now it’s time to enjoy a little bit, finish well, then we’re going to sit with the club.

“I’ve told you already this season that, in January, when we had the problems with Casadei and Sensi, that was not the moment to talk about that. I told you when we had the financial problems that it was not the moment to talk about that because we needed to be focused on our target. Now the season is finished, I need to sit with the club and to try to clarify things that unfortunately this year I didn’t like.”

Put to Maresca that he sounded frustrated, he added: “No, I’m not frustrated. I’m the most happy man in the world in this moment. But because I’m in charge of this club in terms of being the manager, I need things to work well. For me, there are things we need to clarify and we need to modify. Now is the moment to enjoy, but things happened this season that I didn’t like.”
Seems a fair assessment really and he just wants clarity on where we stand and what will be possible next season.

He's not going to walk away from us now as its extremely unlikely he would get a PL job imo, and any that he could get could be considered a side ways move at best.

The Casedi and Sensi situation was real embarrassing really and it could have completely derailed our season - long term injury to Winks or KDH and we would have been extremely lightweight in the middle with no one there to cover them long term.

He could have come out publicly and said it was a right royal **** up of the highest order and nearly did for us big time, and that they’re a bunch of halfwits

Hopefully he is saying that to them in private

You'd think they'd have remembered what happened with the last manager they did that shit with. Fair ****s to Pep for not playing without a keeper to spite them.

Well, first of all I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt due to English being a second language & assume that he meant he's in charge of the TEAM rather than the club. We've already had one scumcunt who fancied himself as being in charge of the club & that didn't end well.

Other than that, reading between the lines & removing the media training I'd say his opinion is roughly that the executive level of the club couldn't arrange a shag in a knocking shop. No argument there.

The Sensi thing made us look like a 2 bob sunday league team so he's right there. Not sure about Casadei though, Chelsea recalled him so not a lot we could have done really. Unless of course there was a reason for the recall we aren't privy to. Not impossible.

Sure, sit down & say "that was shit" & hopefully "this **** isn't fit for his post" (guess who)

But also he needs to take a couple of months to consider his own shortcomings. The often shambolic game management & the pointless substitutions that failed to change anything. Being predictable will see us crucified in the PL especially as there are going to be plenty of games where we won't be able to boss possession the way we have in the EFL. July needs to be the month of addressing the need for a Plan B & recruitment will be key to that. I just hope he actually recognises the need for it because he'll bloody well need to.

Now **** all this shit off & lets have a nice summer after clearing up some loose ends. I have a wish list but don't expect to get them all, same as my childhood Santa letters. But it doesn't hurt to ask, so :

1) Leeds to fail to get automatic, then capitulate miserably & embarrassingly in the play offs. Like, REALLY embarrassingly...a 4-0 bumming in the semi for example.

2) Rudkin to get the sack

3) At least 2 games in the Euros to be actually worth watching.

4) Some decent ****ing weather.

5) No transfer embargo or points deduction

6) Some signings that make you go "ooooh...interesting" (in a good way ! )

7) Chelsea & Man City to get absolutely ****ED over FFP (yeah...I know...no chance)

8) Southgate to get the Man U job (just to make me laugh)

Well, first of all I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt due to English being a second language & assume that he meant he's in charge of the TEAM rather than the club. We've already had one scumcunt who fancied himself as being in charge of the club & that didn't end well.

Other than that, reading between the lines & removing the media training I'd say his opinion is roughly that the executive level of the club couldn't arrange a shag in a knocking shop. No argument there.

The Sensi thing made us look like a 2 bob sunday league team so he's right there. Not sure about Casadei though, Chelsea recalled him so not a lot we could have done really. Unless of course there was a reason for the recall we aren't privy to. Not impossible.

Sure, sit down & say "that was shit" & hopefully "this **** isn't fit for his post" (guess who)

But also he needs to take a couple of months to consider his own shortcomings. The often shambolic game management & the pointless substitutions that failed to change anything. Being predictable will see us crucified in the PL especially as there are going to be plenty of games where we won't be able to boss possession the way we have in the EFL. July needs to be the month of addressing the need for a Plan B & recruitment will be key to that. I just hope he actually recognises the need for it because he'll bloody well need to.

Now **** all this shit off & lets have a nice summer after clearing up some loose ends. I have a wish list but don't expect to get them all, same as my childhood Santa letters. But it doesn't hurt to ask, so :

1) Leeds to fail to get automatic, then capitulate miserably & embarrassingly in the play offs. Like, REALLY embarrassingly...a 4-0 bumming in the semi for example.

2) Rudkin to get the sack

3) At least 2 games in the Euros to be actually worth watching.

4) Some decent ****ing weather.

5) No transfer embargo or points deduction

6) Some signings that make you go "ooooh...interesting" (in a good way ! )

7) Chelsea & Man City to get absolutely ****ED over FFP (yeah...I know...no chance)

8) Southgate to get the Man U job (just to make me laugh)
No: 1. With Ipswich winning, it looks like it's going to give you your wish!
No: 4. Travel to Adelaide and I could almost guarantee decent weather

I love that some Leeds fans are insisting they're still the best team. By their logic Middlesbrough (31pts below us) are also better than us.

It was not a foregone conclusion that we would go up that some detractors imply. So congratulations LCFC. Even though we had the best players in most positions, it's still an achievement. In the PL last time we had about the 8th-10th best players but finished relegated. You have to EARN your position with graft, good management, and team spirit/morale.
Enzo has made mistakes for sure & nearly threw it all away, but he's presided over a likely 100 points & achieved Champions of the league status so the good he's done has FAR outweighed the bad. Bring on next season, it will be tough but let's see how it goes. For now, CELEBRATE!

He’s well within his rights. I’m glad he said something.

I agree. This is his opportunity to force the club to address their obvious structural failings.

We don't know enough about EM to know whether his solutions would be better, but we do know that the clowns haven't got a fecking clue, so I'd be happy if he uses his position of strength to give Aiyawatt an ultimatum.

If it all plays out as you'd expect, I'd say that the chances of EM being our manager for the first day of next season is no more than 50/50.

If he has a decent alternative option, staying working for a club with points deducted and selling players and bullshitting the manager about it all isn't very attractive.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663