"We are the Manchester Utd of the first division"

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

This is a quote from the Leicester Mercury tonight by Dave Bassett in tonights mercury. I think he's had one too many JDs and a couple of puffs on a splif :lol:

Last time round - yes

So far this time - more like the manchester city

Its one thing defending the manager but i think that is slightly over the top from our director of football. If we were the Man U of first div there is a big possibility that the ball would spend more time on the floor than in the air.

Though i think the quote is suppose to come across as the critics thinking we should walk the division.

no we aint the manchester united of the 1st division , we aint got any fans in surrey .....have we

THE MANCHESTER UNITED of the CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION

I do wish Dave Basset would keep a much lower profile....every time I see him on TV or hear of daft remarks like the one about Man Utd Im aware that we must have one of the biggest " Behind the Scenes Payrolls "in the Championship. Id would also like to bet that there are a good number of Premiership clubs which dont have anything like our huge army of Executives and Managers running every single part of the Clubs operation.
Please belt up Dave and let everone concentrate on beating Rotherham !!!!!!

We have two paid directors at the cub, thats loads^ :roll:

...and that makes Wigan Athletic the Arsenal of the Coca Cola does it? As for Leeds United, what are they? The Leeds United of the Championship perhaps? Or is that a little too far fetched?

:?:
And this man Bassett has a great influence on manager, tactics and players brought in . Oh joy what a class outfit we are becoming.

Is everyone stupid!!!!!???

The point he is making is that we are one of the biggest clubs in the league, and teams come out and try a bit harder. Like smaller premier teams do against united.

Same goes for wolves, leeds, sunderland and look where they are!!!

The point he was making (correctly) was a very simple one in terms of the level of expectation. Nothing else

Obviously too subtle for some people :roll: :roll:

Fox in the Box said:
apart from you, cause you're absolutely brilliant.

New poll: How many think Homer and Babylon sit side by side at Mick and Dave's corking Christmas party?

F*ckin' hell, Tone

Split me sides with that one.........

New Poll - Who thinks Tony Elsby is james walker, and as irritating as ever.

Bassetts right we are the Man Utd of the fizzy - we have just bought out a new shirt to celebrate a 120 years for christ sake, how much more like Utd can we be next thing will be when we wear it and we are 3-0 down after 5 mins we will change into yellow and Micky will be able to blame the defeat on the fact the players couldnt see each other :!:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566