• Mark De Vries

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • James Scowcroft

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHS

Looking at everyone's comments on yesterday's match, in particular those comments on De Vries, there is one player who IMO we shouldn't have got rid of......

James Scowcroft.

Yeah so what, the guy was a bit of a donkey at times. He had a mole the size of Kev Pressman's dinner plate, but all the same. He did what MDV isn't doing, and that is score

MDV is no good in the air, whereas Scowie was perhaps the best header of the ball we had.

In our promotion season Scowie reached double figures (from midfield mainly), who can guarantee that MDV will.

Scowie was a good link player, he worked well with Dickov and Connolly last season.

If you had the choice, who would you pick....MDV or Scowie?.......

Let me tell you this, we've had ONE GAME! Give the guy a break!

Jesus Christ!

Well said. to say we should get rid of him and sign back a player that most werent that impressed with in the first place is a little premature IMO.

When I first read this thread I wasn't sure whether you were serious or taking the proverbial.:102:
If you are trying to be serious, have a word with yourself. :075:
1 game gone and already preposterous(spelling!) suggestions by some that call themselves City fans. :icon_evil
CL has shown he knows what he is doing in the transfer market and knows where problems lie, doesn't need stupid (yes stupid ) suggestions like bring back Scowie. .:018:
Lets move forward not back

xsubmariner said:
When I first read this thread I wasn't sure whether you were serious or taking the proverbial.:102:
If you are trying to be serious, have a word with yourself. :075:
1 game gone and already preposterous(spelling!) suggestions by some that call themselves City fans. :icon_evil
CL has shown he knows what he is doing in the transfer market and knows where problems lie, doesn't need stupid (yes stupid ) suggestions like bring back Scowie. .:018:
Lets move forward not back

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: Quite right xsub. :023: ;)

So far the public have voted and the vote is in favour of MDV keep it up. lets support the current boys and move the team forward.

this whole MDV debate or what ever it is, is doing my fecking head in.
for saying he's the worst player to ever wear a city shirt (according to some) he is taking up far too much of the post's on here. let the lad do the talking on the pitch, and not after one game either.

CHILL THE FECK OUT, WE HAVE WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS SEASON AND ALREADY I CANT HELP GETTING PISSED OFF WITH IT DUE TO PEOPLES LACK OF UNDERSTANDING AND OTT COMMENTS.

Not only are people all over MDV way too soon, but not in a million years should we have kept Scowy. He's wages were at least 5 times what de Vries is on I'd imagine.

De Vries wasn't even that bad! His only problem was his reluctance to shoot, and it's no suprise when people are this quick to write him off.

"All we are saying is give (De) Vries a chance!"

Even if he came out against Stoke and scored 4 goals, people would probably just call it a fluke and be on him if he didn't score in the first 20 minutes against Ipswich.

Graz said:
Not only are people all over MDV way too soon, but not in a million years should we have kept Scowy. He's wages were at least 5 times what de Vries is on I'd imagine.

De Vries wasn't even that bad! His only problem was his reluctance to shoot, and it's no suprise when people are this quick to write him off.

"All we are saying is give (De) Vries a chance!"

Even if he came out against Stoke and scored 4 goals, people would probably just call it a fluke and be on him if he didn't score in the first 20 minutes against Ipswich.

Not only that but there was a large number of people from this fourm who regualrly called for Scowy to get the boot, now less than two weeks into the season someone is calling him back? This is insanity of the highest level!

Fickle does not even begin to descibe some of the stuff posted on these boards sometimes!

:mad: I haven't posted all weekend because threads like this are just making me angry, what a waste of time this is. Scowcroft has gone and regardless of whether you think he is better than MDV he ain't coming back, he was probably on 3 times the money MDV is on for a start. so in that sense i'm glad hes gone. why can people not give a player a chance.

we lose our first game of the season 4-1 and people are crappin their pants and trying to find a scapegoat. well i for one am not worried, i think we looked good and up until the ridiculous 2nd penalty we looked like the best team on the park, we played some good close passing football and had a good Sheff Utd side on the back foot. then what happened after that was a combination of bad tactical changes and a mixup with our goalkeeper and his defenders.

I thought MDV did ok, alright he didn't shoot too often and was often looking for connolly too much but he looked sharper than the games at the end of last season and FFS this was only the first match.

I think we will have a good game against Stoke on tuesday and i think we will get a result. Have faith and don't be so fickle. :038:

Spot on Rayvan.

I thought MdV had a solid all round game. He could have shot more/sooner, and that is a sign of a lack of confidence. Let's all get behind him and hopefully he will score a few himself and continue to make goals for the team.

I had high hopes for Scowy when he came, but he was pretty awful over the last two seasons - so no contest, MdV all the way.

I was encouraged by the performance for 80 mins on Saturday and we should have a good season if we can keep it up and not suffer from dodgy refereeing decisions or gaolkeeping howlers.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Looking at everyone's comments on yesterday's match, in particular those comments on De Vries, there is one player who IMO we shouldn't have got rid of......

James Scowcroft.

Yeah and while we are at it lets get John Curtis,Alan Rogers,Junior Lewis and Steve Howey back as well and that Graham Fenton would be better than MDV.........have you gone mad man ?

Jesus Christ - moderators, have a ****ing word, this is just the biggest load of shit I've read in ****ing ages...

Piss off and support Covscum then, for ****'s sake.

alex said:
Jesus Christ - moderators, have a ****ing word, this is just the biggest load of shit I've read in ****ing ages...

Piss off and support Covscum then, for ****'s sake.

Are you referring to the thread as a whole or to an individual post ? ;)

Rayvon said:
:mad: I haven't posted all weekend because threads like this are just making me angry, what a waste of time this is. Scowcroft has gone and regardless of whether you think he is better than MDV he ain't coming back, he was probably on 3 times the money MDV is on for a start. so in that sense i'm glad hes gone. why can people not give a player a chance.

we lose our first game of the season 4-1 and people are crappin their pants and trying to find a scapegoat. well i for one am not worried, i think we looked good and up until the ridiculous 2nd penalty we looked like the best team on the park, we played some good close passing football and had a good Sheff Utd side on the back foot. then what happened after that was a combination of bad tactical changes and a mixup with our goalkeeper and his defenders.

I thought MDV did ok, alright he didn't shoot too often and was often looking for connolly too much but he looked sharper than the games at the end of last season and FFS this was only the first match.

I think we will have a good game against Stoke on tuesday and i think we will get a result. Have faith and don't be so fickle. :038:

Completely agree Rayvon - everyone just needs to chill!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566