Who would you choose?

• Mark De Vries

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • James Scowcroft

Votes: 7 15.9%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you think would win in a fight? MDV or Scarecrow? I reckon it'd be a good bout - a bit like Ashley versus Mad Dog on Corrie.

highland fox said:
Yeah and while we are at it lets get John Curtis,Alan Rogers,Junior Lewis and Steve Howey back as well and that Graham Fenton would be better than MDV.........have you gone mad man ?

Agreed. Scowcroft had to go because he was on silly money and producing mediocre results.

We now have little money and bring in players who are on a fraction that was made to the likes of Scowcroft and many others.

CL is tackling situations not faced up to by Mickey and his biggest problem will be totally unrealistic expectations and OTT criticism of players who costs little and are paid modest wages and are obviously not top drawer - MDV being one example.

All we can ask is that they try their best.

Totally agree Rayvon, until the second penalty I was putting three points in the bag.

But if MDV & Connolly had scored 5 etc etc......

Am I alone in thinking that MDV & Conners looked to be creating a reasonable understanding on Saturday. Perhaps it was my perspective from behind the goal, but I thought that they played pretty well as a partnership and think the goals will come for both of them.

I think they did too (I only watched it on tv), there was one moment in the second half when MdV muscled (to put it lightly) past two defenders and then knocked it to DC, who then knocked it back when I though they really showed it. Also for DC's goal it seemed that MdV had dragged off 2-3 defenders allowing DC the space to shoot.

Claymore said:
Am I alone in thinking that MDV & Conners looked to be creating a reasonable understanding on Saturday. Perhaps it was my perspective from behind the goal, but I thought that they played pretty well as a partnership and think the goals will come for both of them.

No, I agree. MDV showed some nice touches and the build-up play was good. Unfortunately in front of goal the words 'frightened rabbit' and 'headlights' came to mind.

Hope the fans cheer him on tomorrow night otherwise it could be a downward spiral in terms of confidence.

highland fox said:
The Poll is a close one though...a real cliffhanger.

That prompted the Scowcroft fans to come and vote. ;)

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Scowie was a good link player, he worked well with Dickov and Connolly last season.

I don't recall Dickov and Connolly being at the club together!

i think he was suggesting scarecrow worked well with connelly and work well with dickov not both together

highland fox said:
Both of them...

thats 3 of us. almost
while i can see what mr hunt is saying and fully understand why he should say it, i agree fully that we had to release scowcroft because of our finances etc etc. In reality it makes you stand back and see just how far we have fallen, in footballing terms in the last 4 years.
with mdv we can see flashes of a good player who shows potential, while in scowie, we knew he had the skill but maybe his attitude wasnt right.

Finances had nothing to do with any of these players leaving during the close season - if we had wanted to we could have offered similar deals to these players as they have received at other clubs - simple fact is they either were not good enough or were not in the managers plans.

DurhamFox said:
Finances had nothing to do with any of these players leaving during the close season - if we had wanted to we could have offered similar deals to these players as they have received at other clubs - simple fact is they either were not good enough or were not in the managers plans.

I agree, except maybe with Walker. I think Walker is on a better deal at Bolton and we couldn't have afforded to keep him. I can't imagine the likes of Nalis, Scowy, Dabizas, Gillespie will be earning more elsewhere than we could have offered them. They were crap and just not worth keeping

Graz said:
I agree, except maybe with Walker. I think Walker is on a better deal at Bolton and we couldn't have afforded to keep him. I can't imagine the likes of Nalis, Scowy, Dabizas, Gillespie will be earning more elsewhere than we could have offered them. They were crap and just not worth keeping

I considered excluding Walker but he did indicate his willingness to accept lower terms and I think he would have stayed here rather than had the upheaval of moving up north. I think the revelations that CL had offered a contract to Big Rab months before the story broke, shows that he wanted shot of him.

I thought there were concerns over Walkers long-term fitness and this was another reason for him going. I doubt he is on anything like he was with City at Bolton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566