Web sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question - How easy is it to build your own website and what would be the best company to go with in peoples opinions. I have never tried before so have no experience in doing this.

Your opinion is much appreciated.

Quick question - How easy is it to build your own website and what would be the best company to go with in peoples opinions. I have never tried before so have no experience in doing this.

Get Beighton to do it, he is very reasonable.:icon_bigg

Also how do I permenantly register a domain name?

It really all depends on what type of site you want to build and what you want to use it for.
The easiest way to do it is to sign up at a blogging site such as blogged.it for instance.
It's as easy as picking a template and you're all done in a few clicks.

Also how do I permenantly register a domain name?

You can't permanently register a domain name, you have to pay up and re-register it every year.
If you go for the blogging option, outlined above, you'd have a sub-domain of something like: walshiestackle.blogged.it or whatever name you register with. This won't cost you a penny and you won't have to re-register it every year.

It really all depends on what type of site you want to build and what you want to use it for.
The easiest way to do it is to sign up at a blogging site such as blogged.it for instance.
It's as easy as picking a template and you're all done in a few clicks.

You can't permanently register a domain name, you have to pay up and re-register it every year.
If you go for the blogging option, outlined above, you'd have a sub-domain of something like: walshiestackle.blogged.it or whatever name you register with. This won't cost you a penny and you won't have to re-register it every year.

Cheers for that.

I wouldn't recommend blogged.it at the moment (but thanks for the plug anyway!), there are much better blogging platforms around.

Difficult to make a recommendation to WALSHIESTACKLE without knowing more about what he wants to do.

Last edited:
I wouldn't recommend blogged.it at the moment (but thanks for the plug anyway!), there are much better blogging platforms around.

Difficult to make a recommendation to WALSHIESTACKLE without knowing more about what he wants to do.

I want to set up an online magazine with different sub-sections, a forum, an archive facility & I need to be able to control the appearance and be able to add photo's etc. I want to be able to sell advertising space and eventually (if all goes well) set up an online shop facility so people can pay for adverts, merchandise etc.

I want to set up an online magazine with different sub-sections, a forum, an archive facility & I need to be able to control the appearance and be able to add photo's etc. I want to be able to sell advertising space and eventually (if all goes well) set up an online shop facility so people can pay for adverts, merchandise etc.

Not wanting to piss on your bonfire, but I think you'll struggle to do all that if you're having to ask such basic questions as you have in the OP.

Oh :icon_eek:

ning.com would be an easy option to setup the type of site you're talking about, but you won't be able to add your own advertising. To be honest though, I don't think you should let that concern you.

Last edited:
Looking to set up one/two professional sites. Company site offering basic info. Plus Online ordering system. Anyone on here capable ?
PM me .

Is the advice on here still valid or can anyone add to it?

I'm involved in the local branch of a national women's organisation and we had a site for many years on MSN groups which has now been closed down.

I need to set up something that can advertise our events, give meeting dates, contact details and some photos. Nothing particularly elaborate. I just want something to come up if you google us.

I have no experience in web design but am looking forward to learning the basics.

Is the advice on here still valid or can anyone add to it?

I'm involved in the local branch of a national women's organisation and we had a site for many years on MSN groups which has now been closed down.

I need to set up something that can advertise our events, give meeting dates, contact details and some photos. Nothing particularly elaborate. I just want something to come up if you google us.

I have no experience in web design but am looking forward to learning the basics.

For setting up something quick and basic http://www.moonfruit.com/ seem to be quite popular

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669