Weird behaviour of a monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

I have a very big monitor suitable for watching DVDs on. About four days ago I notuced there was a line about an inch and a half across on the screen. It was not a scratch and looked as if it had been drawn by a pencil. This was irritating but not a catastrophe.

Then very strangely the line has lengthened so that now it is over half way across. I have tried it with a different computer and it is still there.
Does anyone have an explanation?

I have a very big monitor suitable for watching DVDs on. About four days ago I notuced there was a line about an inch and a half across on the screen. It was not a scratch and looked as if it had been drawn by a pencil. This was irritating but not a catastrophe.

Then very strangely the line has lengthened so that now it is over half way across. I have tried it with a different computer and it is still there.

Its fecked.

I reckon you'll be dead by morning, I take it you've never seen The Exorcist?

Yes. That is it exactly.

It sounds like pixels dying in your monitor. If there is something that is breaking them at that rate then it will not last much longer. Odd ones can die from time to time and you end up with black dots, sometimes they just go in bulk, I would guess due to broken electronics etc.

Have you tried hooking it up via the x box?

It sounds like pixies dying in your monitor.

OH NOOOESS!!!!!!11
Can't we send in some magic elves or goblins to save them? There must be something we can do? We can't just let them die!!!

father in law had an lcd tv that went similar but a vertical line instead of horizonal. Looked into having the panel replaced but it was cheaper to buy a new one. Can it not have an accident and claim on the insurance?

I reckon you'll be dead by morning, I take it you've never seen The Exorcist?

I can't die yet. I've bought a season ticket for next season.

The Exorcist did not bother me. Now if it behaves like the TV in Poltergeist - that was scary.

The line has finally crossed the screen and I am hoping this was its aim and that it will now rest oln its laurels.
The picture by Joe Fox shows I am not alone in this. The dying pixels theory seems to me more likely than any supernatural cause.

2363574238_c9bb955054.jpg

Anything like that, only t'other way round?

Now its gone all the way across that will probably be it. Unless of course theres an underlying issue other than just a row of pixels giving up the ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669