Press Conference:

- "The bloke at the back in the leather cap please"

- "Hello, Mr Chairman, I'm a supporter from Milton Keynes"

- "Hello Gay Bloke"

- "Is there any plans to get more cous cous on the menu at Maccy D's please"

- "No, Fook off you puff"

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:

Chairman's Plan For Sustainable Success

ANDREW Taylor today (Friday) spoke of a great sense of pride and a determination to bring sustainable success to Leicester City.

The Foxes' chairman officially starts his new role as successor to Jim McCahill on June 1.

And today he and Mr McCahill will be on hand to unveil new manager Rob Kelly at a Walkers Stadium press conference.

Taylor, former Chairman and Chief Executive of McDonald's UK, is a Foxes season ticket holder who has joined the consortium of investors.

"It is with a great sense of pride I accepted the position. I feel very honoured and also very humble," said Taylor.

"The job brings with it many responsibilities and as a supporter of the club for 30 years I will discharge those responsibilities to the very best of my abilities."

Taylor is delighted the club have secured the services of Kelly as manager.
And he knows that there are many challenges ahead facing the club.

"Next season will be our third successive campaign in the Championship," he said.

"Clearly our aim is to put forward a sustainable plan for this club to be challenging to make a return to the Premiership.

"It is very easy to make glib soundbites but that is not my style. There will be no false promises or guarantees.

"This is our final year of the parachute payment from the Premier League and clearly we have to manage our revenues very carefully.

"That in no way diminishes our desire to be successful and with Rob at the helm we feel we have assembled a strong, progressive squad of players capable of growing with the club.

"We must, however, continue to be realistic about our expectation levels. This football club has experienced a roller-coaster ride in the past few seasons.

"A period of stability is crucial to our development and we must balance our desire to be successful on the pitch with prudent housekeeping in which our costs are matched to our revenues."

Taylor paid tribute to supporters for the backing they have given the club.
He said: "Our supporters have been marvellous. One of the most impressive memories of this season for me is the way in which the fans have rallied around in recent weeks and helped the players produce some great results.

"Recently we took 1,800 fans to the Luton game and we had an above average gate for the Friday night televised game against Crystal Palace. The atmosphere must have lifted the players' performance."

The new chairman also paid tribute to Jim McCahill for his stewardship of the club over the past three years.

He said: "Jim has been a source of great support to me over the past weeks and months.

"He has been a great chairman and a great ambassador for the club. He is a passionate and dedicated supporter and we all owe him a great debt of thanks during his term as chairman.

"Jim still has a tremendous amount to offer to the football club and I am delighted I and the board can continue to call on his expertise in his role as deputy chairman."

He seemed very cheesey! Although he seemed very comfortable talking to a large group of people when you compare him to Macahill

chrislcfc18 said:
HMM former chairman of Mcdonalds. Maybe we will finally get some decent Burgers at the Walkers.

what coz mcdonalds are decent burgers???? :018:

now TJ's. that's a burger. :icon_bigg

NWB on new walk, the best burgers, belly busta yum

Mcdonalds arent all that bad. Hey anything is better than the sh*t they serve at the Walkers. The only decent thing they sell is the Pie and lager deals.

The only hot food I've had at the Walkers Stadium is the cheese and onion pasties, but most of the time they're excellent. The biggest problem is getting the staff to understand what I'm asking for.

Foxes_Trust said:
Well he has invested some money, so there is more in the pot, however would still expect a minimal number of summer signings
I don't thnk we need many signings, just a couple of "clever" ones. The base of this team in the past 3 or 4 months has proved, yes proved, that they are capable of winning the Championship. They have performed consistently for 3 or 4 months, that is no fluke and too long to be considered as the honeymoon period

The good times are coming back to City

Melton Fox said:
I don't thnk we need many signings, just a couple of "clever" ones. The base of this team in the past 3 or 4 months has proved, yes proved, that they are capable of winning the Championship. They have performed consistently for 3 or 4 months, that is no fluke and too long to be considered as the honeymoon period

:023: I agree :038: :038: :038: COME ON!!! YEAH!!! WOOHOO!!!

etc etc

Melton Fox said:

:038: :038: Spot on Melton, I agree that a couple of key signings are required, we definately have to replace Joey, and whether we can fill that void will IMO have a great bearing on whether we will be equipped to mount a serious challenge for the play offs. I still believe we need to strengthen the left hand side as well, so we have a more balanced team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669