Well done TB & Leicester Legends Sunday 2pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch4mbo

Please excuse the blatant use of this as an opportunity to do a spot of advertising / marketing.

This Sunday St Andrews coaches and Veterans are playing the Leicester Legends. Ali Mauchlin's team will (we've been told, so fingers crossed) include the likes of Steve Walsh, Muzzy Izzet etc.. etc Ali says he wants to bring as strong a line up as possible.

Anyway, all monies raised go towards the kidney transplant unit for children (Kinda Charity) run solely on donations. One of our coaches has a little boy (matthew) who has had a transplant, but unfortunately for him he is one of only 3 people in 22 years where the Kidney didn't take, and is still in desperate need of a transplant.

So as you can see this is very much close to our hearts, and at only £2 an adult and 50p for children. It would be great to see as many of you as poss. Plus you will hopefully get to see some of the best players of recent times playing again (blowing out their backsides hopefully)

And finally, well done to all who took part in the first ever Talking Balls V Fox Talk 11-a-side match. Which was a good game played in the right spirit which ended 4-4. So well done to all.

ch4mbo

I take this moment to say cheers again for the hard work you put in on Sunday, Chambo. On and off the pitch. Same applies to Leroy (whose clearly a better striker than Steve Howard, his first touch when coming on was immense) and Nathan/Southgate.

Likewise, I tip my hat to you Ch4mbo. You did a superb job on Sunday. Most accomodating waiter I've ever met :icon_wink

Can't make Sunday as I will be at Anfield watching Macca, but good luck :023:

For those that can't make the game Ch4mbo, is there any other way to donate?

Absolutely, Donations can be made, gifts for the raffle can be given or memorabilia / anything auction-able can be given to be auctioned off.

If anybody wants to donate anything, I can collect, thursday / Friday after 3pm (coaching at Lutterworth up to 3pm) and on Saturday I'm at the grass roots football show at the NEC so won't be able to collect until PM on Saturday.

But anything given would be very, very much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all of your help on Sunday Ch4mbo, we would've struggled without it!

Can't make the game on Suday unfortunately but i'm sure it'll go down well.

I take this moment to say cheers again for the hard work you put in on Sunday, Chambo. On and off the pitch. Same applies to Leroy (whose clearly a better striker than Steve Howard, his first touch when coming on was immense) and Nathan/Southgate.

I can't remember my first touch, was it dreadful?:102::icon_lol:

Oh and thanks for Sunday Chambo, as melts said you made a great waiter and that finish for the second goal weren't half bad!

It was a superb knock-down to the left-wing

Oh yeh I remember...it was a lucky one before my couple of shocking passes later on.

EDIT:- Although i was quite pleased with my dummy step over for Nicky.

Last edited:
You are using the future tense in your 1st post. Is it this Sunday? And where? I'd love to come. Have I missed it?

If it's not too far away, I'll definitely come. If I'm lucky I might talk the mrs into coming too.

Last edited:
By the way, are we still talking about the event that, reading posts 2 - 7 in this thread, clearly took place last weekend?

You are using the future tense in your 1st post. Is it this Sunday? And where? I'd love to come. Have I missed it?

If it's not too far away, I'll definitely come. If I'm lucky I might talk the mrs into coming too.

Yes it's today my good man, the other posts referring to goals, knock downs and dummies is with reference to the game we (Talking Balls) played against Fox Talk.

But today we (St Andrews Coaches & veterans) play Leicester City Legends to raise money for the kinda Charity 2pm kick off. with a raffle and charity auction afterwards. + the bar will be open.:icon_wink

It's at St Andrews FC, Canal Street, Old Aylestone. It is Behind Granby School ( which is on the Aylestone Road) over the canal (Canal Street) through the car park and through the far gates and there it is!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570