Wenger to Real Madrid?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

According to SSN, Wenger refuses to rule out a move to Madrid as manager in the summer, saying (paraphrasing here) "it's a dream job for anyone"

definitely wont happen-why would a man who believes so adamently in recruiting young players on the cheap and nurturing them to become top class players, go to Real Madrid and work under (in all likelyhood) Perez as President who is going to bring back his "galaticos" policy?

I get the feeling that Wenger is becoming fed up with being at Arsenal.

If he wins nothing in the next 2 seasons he might go then, but I doubt it.

Would be good for Arsenal as they may actually win something and good for us as it will be one more miserbale bastard out of the English game!

I'm sure i read somewhere that he will only have about 13 million transfer budget this Summer and will have to wheel and deal to raise any more. If true i wouldn't blame him.

Would be good for Arsenal as they may actually win something and good for us as it will be one more miserbale bastard out of the English game!

i disagree completely, i dont think theyll win something, i think theyll go completely bankrupt and fall down the league ladder without him. He doesnt have the money to spend that the top 3 do, because of all the money the spent on the new stadium, yet he still has the same wage bill putting them further and further in debt.

A few years back, Wenger would never buy such a young team and let them develop, he would have a lot more experiences players in his side, seems to me its a clear indication he doesnt have the money anymore.

A couple of seasons outside the top 4, which is very likely without a manager with such a talent of finding and nurturing young talent on the cheap, and i reckon they are seriously ****ed

Last edited:
Arsenal are making an absolute killing from the emirates-there turnover hs increased by 20 million a year since moving there. There not going to go out of business

I think Arsenal will spend big this summer if they sell that big ugly thing they actually call a Center Forward, he is the worst striker in the permiership,

I think they need to get some experienced players in for sure, a character like Xavi can change the whole team

I'm sure i read somewhere that he will only have about 13 million transfer budget this Summer and will have to wheel and deal to raise any more. If true i wouldn't blame him.

He's got plenty to wheel and deal with,get rid of the primmadonna that is Adebayor and the big useless lump Bendtner for a start

Arsenal are making an absolute killing from the emirates-there turnover hs increased by 20 million a year since moving there. There not going to go out of business

Turnover isn't the same as profit, although I'm surprised the turnover hasn't risen more than that.

They still owe around £250 million on the stadium!

Last edited:
that was a quick quote from wikipedia, which although not entirely reliable says...

However at the same time there are multiple sources of income for the club; the remainder of the Lough Road site is being used for new housing, as are the surplus areas around the stadium at Ashburton Grove. Highbury is currently being converted into apartments, most of which have been sold. In total, more than 2,000 homes will be built at the three sites, and the club is counting on the profit from these developments to make a major contribution towards the costs of the new stadium. Other sources of revenue include the £100m from Emirates for the naming rights, to be paid over the course of the deal[10] and a £15m contribution towards the capital costs of the stadium's catering facilities from catering firm Delaware North, which has a 20-year exclusive contract to run the stadium's catering operation.[39]

Finally, there is the increased revenue from the stadium itself. In 2005, Arsenal's then chief executive Keith Edelman commented that the new stadium is expected to increase Arsenal's turnover from typically £115 million to around £170 million.[40] Final accounts for the year ending May 2007, Arsenal's first season at the Emirates, show that Arsenal's turnover has increased to £200.8m, compared to £137.2m the previous year and that group operating profits increased to £51.2m.[1] Even once debt repayments are taken into account, the club's turnover has increased by at least £20m a year,[41] (in 2006-07 the club recorded a surplus of £37 million[1]), although manager Arsene Wenger warns the club's wage structure must still be respected.[42]

Turnover isn't the same as profit, although I'm surprised the turnover hasn't risen more than that.

They still owe around £250 million on the stadium!

****ing hell, so I'm not the only one that is aware of such things....some people seem to think Arse are making about 1billion net profit each month the way they wank over Wenger's influence on the club and the result of having a big stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566