Injury News Wesley Fofana

Status
Not open for further replies.
****ing hell I knew we were fragile but really?

This lad had played 28 games for us and 48 in his entire 1st team career. It's utterly ridiculous to say an entire clubs season is ****ed because they've lost one player.

You haven't said this so it's not aimed at you but it's getting really ****ing tedious people using one player being out as a valid excuse for the way we have played so far this season.
No, no, no. I wasn't for one minute suggesting our average season so far is down to losing Fofana. To me, it was the psychological impact of his horrific injury on the rest of the players that has affected our season. Just my opinion and impression. When players get bad injuries, like Ricardo and Barnes for instance, it takes a while to get fitness and especially confidence back to previous levels.

What's with all rose tinted specs suddenly re: Chilwell? The lad couldn't defend for shit when he was here

Bizarre isnt it. Justin was an upgrade and is a miss. He's not that big a miss that our passes can only go sideways and we can't run any more. Bertrand was shite before we signed him, continues to be shite and most likely always will be shite.....He's leaving any potential pretty late in his career to be realised. Wes is also a big miss but also doesn't excuse being overly negative. Having a shite defence should put more reliance on attackers than defenders to get through games....why we're doing the opposite is baffling.

What's with all rose tinted specs suddenly re: Chilwell? The lad couldn't defend for shit when he was here
Because they have quickly forgotten just how shit he was. Justin is a ****ing universe better than him. The loss of him probably cost us CL football.

For me, missing Fofana and Justin isn't the point. We knew the situation before the season began.

The problem is the recruitment of Vestergaard and Bertrand. They were supposed to cover those absences and they've totally failed to do so.

I don't object to signing experienced PL players at all. However I'm very puzzled about us signing two players that currently appear to be incapable of playing the style required of them.

Injuries happen. Backfilling with garbage is a failure of BR and Congerton.
Also a fair point. Still, those absences are the root cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363