Injury News Wesley Fofana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very good news indeed, befaring in mind that the first signals was that we would see him back sometime next season. But maybe not so surprising when you compare to how long Andre Gomes was out with a similar injury.

I dread to think of the pressure this lad (and Justin) will be under when they come back into the squad, after their manager has spent all season saying we’ve been shit because of the both of them being out injured.

I dread to think of the pressure this lad (and Justin) will be under when they come back into the squad, after their manager has spent all season saying we’ve been shit because of the both of them being out injured.
I must have missed something

That one awful moment wrecked our whole season.

****ing hell I knew we were fragile but really?

This lad had played 28 games for us and 48 in his entire 1st team career. It's utterly ridiculous to say an entire clubs season is ****ed because they've lost one player.

You haven't said this so it's not aimed at you but it's getting really ****ing tedious people using one player being out as a valid excuse for the way we have played so far this season.

Which he hasn't.

Having the best LB and the best CB out all season has had an impact on our performances and therefore results.

Having JJ as the LB would allow Castagne to play RB wich would then allow Ricardo to play in front of Castagne.
Also having Fofana playing alongside Evans would improve our defence massively.
I think Rodgers preferred system is 4 at the back but it doesn't work with the current squad because they aren't good enough, Thomas, Bertrand, Vestergaard, Amartey and on current form Soyuncu aren't good enough.

JJ, Evans, Fofana and Castagne/Ricardo in my opinion would be in the top 3/4 defences of the Premier league

For me, missing Fofana and Justin isn't the point. We knew the situation before the season began.

The problem is the recruitment of Vestergaard and Bertrand. They were supposed to cover those absences and they've totally failed to do so.

I don't object to signing experienced PL players at all. However I'm very puzzled about us signing two players that currently appear to be incapable of playing the style required of them.

Injuries happen. Backfilling with garbage is a failure of BR and Congerton.

We just need to sign a decent, left footed left back.

The position has been a massive weak spot for us since we lost Chilwell.

He and Ricardo were key to our attacking play and its no coincidence were have generally looked pretty limp since we sold Chilwell and Ricardo got injured.

We just need to sign a decent, left footed left back.

The position has been a massive weak spot for us since we lost Chilwell.

He and Ricardo were key to our attacking play and its no coincidence were have generally looked pretty limp since we sold Chilwell and Ricardo got injured.

Which is another recruitment failure.

We sold our left back and signed a right back (Castagne).

It was an incomprehensible decision which has meant that left back has been a mess of a position for 18 months.

Far too much has been asked of Thomas. Bertrand isn't the answer. And Castagne, Ricardo and Justin all want to play right back.

Which is another recruitment failure.

We sold our left back and signed a right back (Castagne).

It was an incomprehensible decision which has meant that left back has been a mess of a position for 18 months.

Far too much has been asked of Thomas. Bertrand isn't the answer. And Castagne, Ricardo and Justin all want to play right back.
Justin was excellent at LB. Far better than what we had ever seen from Chilwell. His injury was very unfortunate. Put that into the same context as Ricardo being injured and then having forgotten how to play football and we are as limp as an octogenarian's cock down the flanks.

I can see why Vestegaard looked a good signing. He had been excellent for Southampton last season and I still think he will come good. He hasn't been any worse than Soyuncu and his passing has been much better. Yes, he's played like a blind turd at times but most of our CBs have. I didn't get the Bertrand signing at all. I said at the time it looked a very easy way to piss away money on wages. That was always going to be a ludicrous signing.

Last edited:
I don't think many if anyone is saying our whole season has been as a result of Fofana's injury. I think some people are saying that the odds are very much in favour of it having been a better season, had we not have lost him. This is surely common sense. If we'd have had our best CB partnership available, the chances are we wouldn't have conceeded as many goals and would have got more points. It would probably still feel like a disappointing season, just not as dissappointing as it appears now.

That's not really too far fetched, is it?

Justin was excellent at LB. Far better than what we had ever seen from Chilwell. His injury was very unfortunate. Put that into the same context as Ricardo being injured and then having forgotten how to play football and we are as limp as an octogenarian's cock down the flanks.

I can see why Vestegaard looked a good signing. He had been excellent for Southampton last season and I still think he will come good. He hasn't been any worse than Soyuncu and his passing has been much better. Yes, he's played like a blind turd at times but most of our CBs have. I didn't get the Bertrand signing at all. I said at the time it looked a very easy way to piss away money on wages. That was always going to be a ludicrous signing.
He looked OK against Man City in the community shield. Then he got covid.

He looked OK against Man City in the community shield. Then he got covid.
Which may account for his fitness. I'm pretty sure, medically speaking, Covid has had little impact on him being able to make a three yard pass, beat the first man from a set piece, stand in the right place to defend or tackle an opponent.

I don't think many if anyone is saying our whole season has been as a result of Fofana's injury. I think some people are saying that the odds are very much in favour of it having been a better season, had we not have lost him. This is surely common sense. If we'd have had our best CB partnership available, the chances are we wouldn't have conceeded as many goals and would have got more points. It would probably still feel like a disappointing season, just not as dissappointing as it appears now.

That's not really too far fetched, is it?
No, but that isn't what was said

Losing Chilwell and not signing a replacement is the same as when we sold Mahrez and we still haven't replaced him.

Funnily enough Maguire was easily replaced :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570