Weso interested in a move elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, tis true. Bit of a step down for the lad though, I'm sure he could've played at Championship level. Worse things have happened I suppose. Losing Junior Lewis was a big blow to us but we somehow recovered from that.

My mate Wesley James. He's looking to up sticks from Leicester and move to Norwich. Thought it deserved its own thread.

Yet another academy player who had loads of promise and nowhere-near fulfilled his potential. A real shame.

I can sense sarcasm. I just genuinely think it's a shame how few academy players end up actually being able to cut it at our level. How is it not?

I can sense sarcasm. I just genuinely think it's a shame how few academy players end up actually being able to cut it at our level. How is it not?

Sorry, I just assumed you was referring to my post. Interesting how some people assume that everything that is said refers to their own posts.

edit: that was a dig at myself, which I'm sure you picked up on.

Last edited:

The turnout of players stepping up from the academy is ****ing awful if you ask me,other than Andy King and Dick Stearman who of any talent has come through the ranks in the last ten years?

In Football Manager yes, in the real world.....jury is out. He was poor to average for us in League One, and the Brom fans think he is shit?

Time will tell I suppose

True. But anyone who comes through our ranks and gets sold for >~£1m must be good for the ranks overall.

I tend to agree. Love Andy King, but the fact that an academy that won the academy league in the whole England a few seasons ago has only produced 2 or 3 players who've made the grade, is very disappointing.

Last edited:
True. But anyone who comes through our ranks and gets sold for >~£1m must be good for the ranks overall.

Its good business yes - money doesn't always reflect the ability of the player, Marcelinho cost Newcastle £5million or someshit, football is just stupid. You no longer pay peanuts to get monkeys, you pay upwards of £5million quid.

Getting smashed in an odd little pub with Gateshead FC's first team last Saturday reminded me what football should be like, not overpaid knobjockeys thinking they're royalty. It never will be though so I shall be a moaning twat for a long time to come methinks

Getting smashed in an odd little pub with Gateshead FC's first team last Saturday reminded me what football should be like, not overpaid knobjockeys thinking they're royalty. It never will be though so I shall be a moaning twat for a long time to come methinks

I think we'd all be moaning if we saw the lads in the pub on Saturday getting smashed. :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669