Match Thread West Bromwich Albion v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's here if anyone's interested.

I suspect this sport will be changed to "men's football" at some point soon. The BBC had an article headline the other day - "Man City sign ....." and it got me. Turned out to be the women's team.

Justin has not been good. Preat has passed it back everytime he gets it. Perez has done nothing.

Barnes should be scoring.

Mendy has done well.

Desperately need another attacking option.

Perez for Nacho is the change is make.

I think we need an attacker more than a cb so if we have to pick i hope we pick the attacker. Get someone up top to help Vardy.

Well, Castagne is a very good right back.

Playing Mendy as holding midfielder instead of Ndidi means that Soyuncu is narrower which then means he isn't close enough to Justin. And Barnes is (as usual) not doing his defensive work. So Justin is being hung out to dry, much like Chilwell was without Ndidi in midfield in this system.

However, Justin is massively inferior to Chilwell so I can hardly dare to watch every time they attack down their right side.

We have two left backs on the bench. One needs to play left back or we're asking for trouble.

Logic tells me you can’t be a bad player to get in the Belgium squad. But I still have no idea what Praet’s best position and/or role in the team is? Is he not a good player, or are we not using him correctly, or both?

if we are to play with a back four we desperately need a winger and an attacking midfielder.

I like the look of Castagne so far.

Embarrassing we are having to play Ndidi in defence. It was a poor start but we settled in and created some good chances eventually. James Justin has been shockingly bad and I can't really understand why we haven't put Castagne at LB. We need to swap them round or bring on Fuchs...

Barnes is so wasteful. Does a lot of good work, but is so unclinical in front of goal.

He must improve this. I wouldn't care if he didnt do too much defensive work as long as he learns how to finish. Perez is looking a bit naff. I still don't know what he offers.

Oh I dun'know, we're doing alright in patches. They're not shite but they're hardly setting the pitch alight.

We started slowly and seemed to be trying to work it out (them and us) but have grown as the half went on, looked more confident. Mendy's never going to play that killer ball but that's not his game; his work rate is excellent and he tries to keep his passing simple - personally, I like what he does. It's Praet that's probably disappointing in our midfield. Maybe he's too far forward for his liking. Madders coming on for him seems to be an obvious change to me.

And Perez has been utterly pointless.

Total waste of a shirt, even if it is a hideous maroon one

Logic tells me you can’t be a bad player to get in the Belgium squad. But I still have no idea what Praet’s best position and/or role in the team is? Is he not a good player, or are we not using him correctly, or both?

if we are to play with a back four we desperately need a winger and an attacking midfielder.

I like the look of Castagne so far.
He's been bang average in every game he has played. I think he is a very defensive minded player whose first instinct is to tidy up and look to play safe; usually backwards. Okay for seeing a game out but really not the type of player we need to be starting games.

The commentator over here said that Castagne played approximately half of his games at Atalanta on the right and half on the left.

Justin has not been good. Preat has passed it back everytime he gets it.

Remember that cup game last season when Preat played that pass to Justin to cross for a goal?

All we actually need, obviously, is Nacho on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363