Post Match West Ham 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

I was not at the match so I will not comment on the performance - obviously the result is excellent.

A number of people were expecting great things from Kramaric this season. At some point he deserves the chance to prove them right. Leonardo offers something very different from the other strikers. In his first season in the Premier League he was reasonably successful; like Kramaric he deserves a chance to develop further. This is a good problem for Claudio to have.

As Claudio seems to want to play with two wingers then we certainly need to sign another one.

I thought at the time that Fuchs was an exceptionally interesting signing. Would somebody who was there please comment on his performance.
Kramaric and Ulloa will get their chance but not soon the way Okazaki and Vardy linked up today. Fuchs didn't really get much time on the ball when he came on. Didn't notice him doing anything stupid.

Matt_B

In the first two matches we've been defending leads in the second half, so we've made defensive substitutions. If we'd been behind I'm sure they'd have had chances by now.
I meant starting chance.

Jenks

Wow. Down in Wales and could only get intermittent coverage. Every time I retuned someone scored. Would have been delighted with a draw, ecstatic with a win. Luvly stuff!!

Brown Nose

A couple of good points made by CR in his post match interview for MOTD:

1. He didn't want the team to drop deep in the second half but, as they did, he saw it as his responsibility to help them and this led to the changes he made. It is so refreshing to have a manager with a tactical brain.

2. Pretty much confirmed that Inler is coming.

fitz

From the Telegraph's match report: "Adrian was controversially dismissed for a clash with Vardy even though it appeared it was the Leicester man who caught the goalkeeper with a high boot"

Presumably they were watching a different game...

View attachment 12082

Looks to me like Vardy should've had a second yellow. It's not too different to what he was booked for.

Profondo Rosso

Shinji-san fast becoming my senpai.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Looks to me like Vardy should've had a second yellow. It's not too different to what he was booked for.

I didn't see the game but how do you square that statement with Jeff's picture of the incident?

Brown Nose

I think Vardy's booking was very harsh, let alone anyone thinking he should have been red carded for being kicked in the guts.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Miles Away

I was not at the match so I will not comment on the performance - obviously the result is excellent.

Well as usual I watched it on tv which I know doesn't count to you for some bizarre reason.

Claudio got it spot on. They played very narrow in the first half and we punished them with width and pace. Credit to Bilic, at half time he noted this and made a change. In the second half they pushed their two creative players wide and attacked the weakest part of our side (our full backs). It worked.

Ranieri noticed this very quickly and immediately added an extra man in midfield so that King and Drinkwater could support the full backs. It worked a treat.

Couple of other notes:

- Okaziki looks absolutely superb. His technique on the volley was breathtaking.

- Drinkwater is like having a new signing. Looks bags better than last season.

- Kasper needs to get his decision-making sorted out. We should have been 1-0 down in the first minute due to a ridiculous flap from him. He also could have been sent off with few complaints.

- Kante plus like he has one thing on his mind...the ball...it's brilliant.

- the Benaloune booking was one of the most needless and borderline stupid things I've seen in ages.

- Their keeper deserved to go. Awful moment.

Oh and I wasn't there but Fuch really struggled when he came on and made a number of errors. Certainly not done enough to force any change.

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
In the first half Vardy and Adrian(?) both went for ball, Adrian kicked Vardy in the arse (so it looked to me) and Vardy was booked.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I've never been for a winter break but if they keep going the way they are our front 2 could probably do with one.

They're definitely going to need resting at some point the way they play.

Vardy will have one while it's still summer if he keeps picking up cards at the present rate.

camberwell fox

A couple of good points made by CR in his post match interview for MOTD:

1. He didn't want the team to drop deep in the second half but, as they did, he saw it as his responsibility to help them and this led to the changes he made. It is so refreshing to have a manager with a tactical brain.

2. Pretty much confirmed that Inler is coming.

The timing of the substitutions were spot on.

The choices of substitutions were spot on.

His tactical acumen was absolutely evident in how he did the two above points. He saw how WHU changed it at half time and adapted to it. When they scored he then changed it again and slowed down the pace of the game and killed WHU impetus.

Very good to watch.

Feriol

The timing of the substitutions were spot on.

The choices of substitutions were spot on.

His tactical acumen was absolutely evident in how he did the two above points. He saw how WHU changed it at half time and adapted to it. When they scored he then changed it again and slowed down the pace of the game and killed WHU impetus.

Very good to watch.

Indeed, Managerial master class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673