Match Thread West Ham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
May as well have started Matty James too!

We should have made this many changes against Liverpool instead, in hindsight.

Never expected to see Mendy again.
I thought Mendy would play. He's been training really hard.
I nearly posted as much, earlier today, but then thought of the jeers of derision from everyone.

would have liked to have seen Hirst or Muskwe make the squad, reward for U23 performances and an actual striker in reserve

Mendy?!

I'm amazed by that line-up. Expected 4 or 5 changes but not as many as we have today.

Concerns me as that is a weak team. Nacho has looked better recently but without Maddison or Tielemans or even Praet, not sure who he's going to get the type of service he needs from.

West Ham have the stronger team of the two today.

Hopefully the likes of Nacho, Gray, Perez are able to put in a good performance that they're capable of but too inconsistently on the same day as each other today.

Mendy?!

I'm amazed by that line-up. Expected 4 or 5 changes but not as many as we have today.

Concerns me as that is a weak team. Nacho has looked better recently but without Maddison or Tielemans or even Praet, not sure who he's going to get the type of service he needs from.

West Ham have the stronger team of the two today.

Hopefully the likes of Nacho, Gray, Perez are able to put in a good performance that they're capable of but too inconsistently on the same day as each other today.
our fresher legs could make the difference, that's the hope

He's lost the plot

You'll see

We won't though will we.

We won't know the consequences today and ahead of the alternative reality of 'going again' with much the same side.

I called this fixture out weeks ago on here saying we would have to make wholesale changes. After the Liverpool match, BR said the same thing - he said the only time he'd faced a similar turnaround time, he'd made 8 changes. The 'clowns' comment is about anyone being surprised at this. It was obviously coming.

West Ham have made 7 changes too you know. The difference between the sides is that West Ham are used to rotating a few players whereas we tend not to.

Yes. Pair of clowns. Says the man who thought Maddison was better out wide pretending to be Coutinho..... **** sake man.

I was all for changes but Mendy? He's been shite since day one.

No, I pointed out that BR was trying to do with Maddison what he'd done with Coutinho at Liverpool. As usual, you scoffed at that perfectly reasonable interpretation. And then you went quiet when Maddison himself confirmed that was the plan. It just turned out that Maddison isn't very good at it.

Mendy has been perfectly okay in every appearance he's made over the last year or so. The only risk is in him being left out so often before today.

I was expecting changes but surely Praet should be fit enough to play today??

Mendy was one of best players in Pre-season. I think he is a Premiership player but it is just unfortunate that he is behind Ndidi and Choudhury.

I couldn't give two ****s about making changes, however, bringing a complete stranger like Mendy in is just bizarre.

He's not played competitive football for ****ing ages.

Praet and Hamza I would understand, but Mendy is just weird.

Other than that I don't mind the side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670