Match Thread West Ham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a lot simpler on here if people understood the rules of the game or what VAR is/isn't.

100% that was a red card challenge. Whether it was influenced by him being off balance is completely irrelevant. Whether it was deliberate or not is completely irrelevant.
The rules of the game are such that pushing an opponent in the back is a foul. Had the referee blown up for that foul in the build up to said challenge, this discussion would be irrelevant.

I don't think we'll be any worse with 10 men if I'm honest

I said before the game that we needed our three behind Vardy to turn up.

They've all been diabolical. Barnes is way off. Maddison might as well not be on the pitch and Perez was a disaster even before his idiotic challenge.

We need to bin off this 4-2-3-1 because we don't have the personnel for it. We have Iheanacho sat on the bench who is better than any of those three.

Bring him on for either of Maddison or Barnes. Actually, get Soumare on for the other and set up with three in central midfield and two up top.

Perez had a choice. His left foot could have gone down with his studs down, or with his studs into the other player. He knew what he was doing.
You’re imbuing him with an ability to control his limbs that I genuinely don’t think he’s capable of.

Anyway, it's all academic really. It doesn't make a difference to how utterly, utterly shite we were I that first half. Moyes had us pegged from the first minute.

Only joy is that the hopeless **** can’t play for three games

Unless they employ thick twats on the appeal panel to overturn it

The rules of the game are such that pushing an opponent in the back is a foul. Had the referee blown up for that foul in the build up to said challenge, this discussion would be irrelevant.

Jesus man. The ref missed the whole fecking thing. VAR intervened because of the challenge and only the challenge. That's the rule!!!

It wasn't a push on Perez anyway. It might have been last season but certainly not this one.

I said before the game if we start 4231 that we'll get what we've always got, which is overrun on the break by West Ham and outmuscled. It's ****ing obvious.
Why when we've got the chance to mix it up and play with Soumare in and something different up top alongside Vardy to fight fire with fire i don't know.
the red card was a catalogue of errors. shit touch, trying to make amends, ref misses shit tackle, ref makes up for it by watching his own mistake in slow motion.

Sorry I can’t see any context as to how that isn’t a red card.

Look at the rules, then look at it again. FWIW, he MAY be off balance due to holding but his leg is put out an an angle that makes it deliberate.

He meant it, IMO.

Jesus man. The ref missed the whole fecking thing. VAR intervened because of the challenge and only the challenge. That's the rule!!!

It wasn't a push on Perez anyway. It might have been last season but certainly not this one.
Kind of my point. It was missed by the referee. I'm not blaming VAR. I'm as big an advocate for it as you are.

Well, that was deeply unpleasant, we deserve nothing after that 1st half performance.
Go Forward !
Attack!
Have a shot on goal!
Put in some ****ing effort!

and ... relax....
Okay, although I expect us to play better in the second half, WH likely to score more goals.

You’re imbuing him with an ability to control his limbs that I genuinely don’t think he’s capable of.

Even worse, he doesn’t have the mental capacity to remember what can happen when you put in a challenge like that even though one of his teammates is out for a year with a broken leg.

What a mess of a player he’s been for us.

I said before the game that we needed our three behind Vardy to turn up.

They've all been diabolical. Barnes is way off. Maddison might as well not be on the pitch and Perez was a disaster even before his idiotic challenge.

We need to bin off this 4-2-3-1 because we don't have the personnel for it. We have Iheanacho sat on the bench who is better than any of those three.

Bring him on for either of Maddison or Barnes. Actually, get Soumare on for the other and set up with three in central midfield and two up top.
it will be interesting to know our points difference we played two up front?

They’ve just shown Oliver watching the monitor and seeing the challenge on Perez before the bit where he decided to put one on the opposition player

He saw the whole thing and made the only decision he possibly could

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00