West indies match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nottinghamshire match thread

We are playing the W Indies who will have a side denuded of their best players - I see the main purpose of the game to provide some recuperation in the sunshine for Leics after a not unexpected dismal start to the season.

The management needs to be giving priority now to re-grouping for next season. I just don't see any prospects of this side developing as a unit and as posted above we will probably lose 2 or 3 of the few remaining senior players next season - and Nixon can hardly carry on much longer.

What should be done? I really wouldn't know. Quite a challenge. My gut feeling is that it needs some inspirational figure to come into the club - maybe as a captain/ coach.

Interesting that our near signing baker opened the bowling against us this morning! By the way where is greg smith? Not playing today and not in seconds last wk

We are playing the W Indies who will have a side denuded of their best players - I see the main purpose of the game to provide some recuperation in the sunshine for Leics after a not unexpected dismal start to the season.

The management needs to be giving priority now to re-grouping for next season. I just don't see any prospects of this side developing as a unit and as posted above we will probably lose 2 or 3 of the few remaining senior players next season - and Nixon can hardly carry on much longer.

What should be done? I really wouldn't know. Quite a challenge. My gut feeling is that it needs some inspirational figure to come into the club - maybe as a captain/ coach.

As strange at this may sound, he is still the fittest player on the staff. Can see him going for a few years yet!

Back on topic... LCCC 182 all out. Another sterling batting display!

Lets hope he is back for the Twenty20

Touch & go given it starts on 25 May.

However, I don't think we are remotely well equipped for T20 anyway. If there is a way forward - and of course there has to be - then I think it has to be through building confidence and experience in the county championship.

We would need to have some dynamic batters to prosper in the shorter versions and neither of our best (on paper) bats Ackerman and Dippenaar really fit that type.

Well done to Boyce and Cobb today, a 100 partnership this morning has taken us probably to a draw with Dippy on 40* holding out in the afternoon.

We would need to have some dynamic batters to prosper in the shorter versions and neither of our best (on paper) bats Ackerman and Dippenaar really fit that type.

Harsh on HD, who I think is a superb 20/20 player and one of the most prolific in that form of the game with an excellent average
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Records/T20/Overall/Most_Runs.html

But your point is right, we don't have the right unit to compete although Allenby would be a huge part of the campaign as he is a bighitter.

Harsh on HD, who I think is a superb 20/20 player and one of the most prolific in that form of the game with an excellent average
http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Records/T20/Overall/Most_Runs.html

But your point is right, we don't have the right unit to compete although Allenby would be a huge part of the campaign as he is a bighitter.

Fair point re HD - I hadn't realised that his T20 average was that good. Anyway, I think that he is in a class of his own at Leics as a batter.

As you imply i was really thinking of our lack of the sort of players who are going to come in and smash the ball around. I would agree that Allenby with bat and ball is a major player in this format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669