West Indies v England 2nd Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox58

Bound to be changes to the starting 11, by all accounts it is going to be a flat pitch. i can see Shah coming in for Bell and Rashid in for one of the quickies although it could be for Monty who has been struggling

Looks like Phil Simmons nephew is going to make his debut for the windies

Bound to be changes to the starting 11, by all accounts it is going to be a flat pitch. i can see Shah coming in for Bell and Rashid in for one of the quickies although it could be for Monty who has been struggling

Looks like Phil Simmons nephew is going to make his debut for the windies

Shah is likely to replace Bell although he might just as well replace Collingwood whose main contribution seems to be to in giving interviews.

However, Rashid has no chance whatsoever of playing - there is a case for playing Swann who would probably be of more overall use than Monty, but I'll be surprised if there is any change there.

Good stuff

Why the feck did we take three spinners ?

Because the fourth one was unfit?

The-Spinners-Sing-Out-Shout-Wi-421244.jpg

Just goes to prove the chinese know feck all about cricket!

It’s a farce. Apparently the pitch is built on swampland and they had to use loads of sand for drainage but now the outfield moves when you walk on it.

Before play started they were talking on the radio about how many injuries had occurred on the pitch during the world cup.

It’s a farce. Apparently the pitch is built on swampland and they had to use loads of sand for drainage but now the outfield moves when you walk on it.

Before play started they were talking on the radio about how many injuries had occurred on the pitch during the world cup.

Even the road leading upto it is knackered apparantly.

And its taken until the start of the match to decide its unplayable.

Idiots.

Apparently they were told in November it wasn't fit.

Disgraceful. Lots of people have saved for a long time to go out there and it was clear it wasn't going to be fit to play.

Some hope they minght be able to switch venue within 48 hours. Can't see it personally.

Apparently they were told in November it wasn't fit.

Disgraceful. Lots of people have saved for a long time to go out there and it was clear it wasn't going to be fit to play.

Some hope they minght be able to switch venue within 48 hours. Can't see it personally.

Good result for England :icon_bigg

I noted that in the last few days money has been piling on this match resulting in a draw so that imply that people were aware that the outfit was not viable.

Anyone who has seen the TV pictures of the guy digging up the run ups will have seen that this is an extreme case of a ground not being fit for anything but beach cricket.

I just hope that they can switch to the Recreation Ground. Otherwise the ICC should make the West Indies Board compensate all those who have travelled to watch this fixture.

I just hope that they can switch to the Recreation Ground. Otherwise the ICC should make the West Indies Board compensate all those who have travelled to watch this fixture.

3rd test to start in the Antigua Rec Ground on Sunday. This test abandoned officially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669