Westerby Cup Winners Cup....

Status
Not open for further replies.

city-faithful

....Vs Loughborough Dynamo....we played a development squad with Hopper, Moore and Taft being the notable names.

Lost 1-0 to a penalty midway through the second half. Without wishing to be critical it wasn't the best of games, pretty dull for the main part. Dynamo did what they had to do well. Absorbed our pressure (when it came) and took their opportunity to win. We looked pretty bereft when it came to the dreaded/lauded plan b...a lot of the play seemed pre-prescribed....it looked to me as though we'd planned how to play and then seen it through without any exemption. Dynamo, on the other hand, looked quite lively at times, I was impressed with some of their players, they played with their heads up and not looking at the ball. They thoroughly deserved it, a solid professional job.

The City players were very much of a muchness, but Taft did stand out. He looks the part, certainly, he has the physical stature and his on and off the ball presence are notable. Personally I couldn't say for certain if he'd make the grade or not, but he was certainly of a different class to the people playing today.

I kept a close eye on Pier Laurri (sp?). A few good touches, some step overs but his end product wasn't TOO sharp...one or two good balls into the box. He found quite a lot of space on the left and wasn't picked out nearly as much as you'd have thought....but then again he was a LOT quieter than most of the midfield. A solid 6/10.

I spoke to NP at half time quickly. I asked him who the best player he played with was (cliche, I know). He said 'Ummm....I don't know, you'd have to give me some time on that'. I asked him how it was to play with Juninho 'Very good'. I asked him if he (Juninho) was as good as he looked to the casual observer 'Very much so'. Ask basic questions, get basic answers I suppose. Looking back I wish I'd have finally settled the big issues...what flavour monster much, who shat in Milan's car, how Elvis Hammonds' Ankle is holding up and if there are any plans to install a fancy Director Of Football/Lap Dog role with PT and Junior making a return.....life is full of opportunities missed.

It wasn't a half bad day out, nice to see so many people taking an interest in local football, even if it were just for a showpiece final. Also, I was massively impressed with the beer in the clubhouse. It wasn't what you'd want at the pub but the John Smiths was more than drinkable and they didn't stick you to the wall with the price.

Anyone else make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670