What a difference two years makes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't actually say that at all, he just said we've been a bit lucky on a few occasions this season, which we have. Reading away and Plymouth at home spring to mind...

Firstly, I have no idea how you can say we were lucky against Plymouth at home, it would have been an absolute travesty if we'd have drawn that game, we had something like 5 times as many shots as them and should have won the game 5 or 6 nil. It was one of the biggest batterings for a 1-0 scoreline I have ever seen.

Secondly, my point is we've had no more luck on our side than any other team in the division. Of course we have ridden our luck in some games, every team in the country has, but we've also been unlucky in many games too. Newcastle at home, SheffUtd away, Ipswich away, Derby away, Reading at home and Peterborough at home are all games off the top of my head where we didn't get what we deserved from the game. It's evened its self out over the season, just like it does for almost every side.

Last edited:
I agree!

Obviously excluding the teams that will stay down this year, two of Forest/Cardiff/Blackpool, and a couple of other maybes such as Reading and Swansea, I can't really see Burnley or Hull being that strong next year, and Pompey could be anywhere between a Newcastle or a Middlesbrough.

Alternatively we may go up, in which case I think we'll struggle to be champions....

Fryattfox & Hazzman - no disrespect but you must both be young & inexperienced Fox cubs, around 14 years-old, with comments like that

#1 - why are you even thinking about how we'd fare in the CCC next year, when we have a glorious chance to storm into the Premier League over the next two weeks?? Be positive - we're going to do it!

#2 - Another life lesson from Uncle Wombat is "sieze the moment & strike while the irons hot". Life & Football is filled with many intangibles and there's a very thin line between success & failure. There's been many teams who just missed out on a play-off spot or promtion by a cat's whisker one season, and many years later, they are still languishing in the lower leagues (eg. Forest & Leeds)

City all the way - we're going to do it & we're going to do it NOW!!!

I was thinking the same thing myself.

Portsmouth/Hull are in dire financial positions, coming down their teams will both struggle. (IMO)

Burnley have a useless idiot in charge, and it looks like he might keep his job. (both teams he has been in charge of this season have gone down) I predict , like what happened to Gareth Southgate, they will lose patience mid-season and sack him but by then it will be too late.

I think Reading are the team to watch out for next year, god knows how that spectacled egg-head has managed to turn them around. He deserves huge praise.

I also think that Norwich will do well, that joke of a defender Doherty might have finally found his level at League 1 but he would do well to stay there.

Im just so happy about this season, although i wasnt "too young to appreciate" MON, I was still young and with all the rubbish iv seen since well, our transformation is a joy to behold no matter what the end result of the playoffs.

Last edited:
On the other hand, we've had luck on our side a few times this season, and we might lose a few players if we dont go up, so we need to seize the opportunity when it comes to us

I cannot see how we have had luck on our side when our best player (IMO) has been missing with injury all season and our top scorer missed a substantial number of games with a broken jaw.
It is very much to their credit that NP and team have coped so well without Tunchev and Fryatt.

Fryattfox & Hazzman - no disrespect but you must both be young & inexperienced Fox cubs, around 14 years-old, with comments like that

#1 - why are you even thinking about how we'd fare in the CCC next year, when we have a glorious chance to storm into the Premier League over the next two weeks?? Be positive - we're going to do it!

#2 - Another life lesson from Uncle Wombat is "sieze the moment & strike while the irons hot". Life & Football is filled with many intangibles and there's a very thin line between success & failure. There's been many teams who just missed out on a play-off spot or promtion by a cat's whisker one season, and many years later, they are still languishing in the lower leagues (eg. Forest & Leeds)

That's great and all, but this thread is commenting on our position right now. Yes, we have a great chance of reaching the promised lands, but realistically this is little more than 1 in 4. So my comment stands that we are in a much better position than in prior years, and I'm generally a very contented fox right now.

Saying that, I'm f*cking excited, and I do like your BM optimism. :icon_bigg

Be careful to get this advice right. If you misunderstand "Uncle Wombat's" advice and seize the iron while it is hot you will get a burned hand.

That's great and all, but this thread is commenting on our position right now. Yes, we have a great chance of reaching the promised lands, but realistically this is little more than 1 in 4. So my comment stands that we are in a much better position than in prior years, and I'm generally a very contented fox right now.

Saying that, I'm f*cking excited, and I do like your BM optimism. :icon_bigg

A little less than 1 in 4 I would say, given that F*rest are favourites and Cardiff second favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669