What a position to be in

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeperno1

With all thats going on in the transfer market now just remember where we were a few years ago! We have signed a dozen players and still with 30 hours remaining in the transfer window we are competing with PREMIER league clubs for their players and trying to sign players that Pearson, Megson, Kelly etc etc could only dream of so when your saying "no thanks" to Anichebe and "forget that" to Hargreaves just thank yourself lucky that we can actually bid for these players and be in with a chance of getting them!

Yep, and to hell with the amount of unsustainable debt that the club is taking on

Has anyone stopped to think why we never competed against the Premier League for players? Maybe something to do with not having Premier League money, or am I the only one that worries about where this club is heading?

You are right to worry and it worries me too but you would hope these people know what their doing when it comes to investments

It's fine SJN, Joe Sim has sold a couple of £5m packages to dodgy Thai businessmen. We're rolling in it

Yep, and to hell with the amount of unsustainable debt that the club is taking on

Cue: "What? You want us to sign no one" and "You must be a ****ing twat for wanting us to play in the Whizzer & Chips League Div.VI"

Never a popular thing to remind people about. :D

Has anyone stopped to think why we never competed against the Premier League for players? Maybe something to do with not having Premier League money, or am I the only one that worries about where this club is heading?

Unfortunately it is hard today to compete without spending. A just concern though.

You are right to worry and it worries me too but you would hope these people know what their doing when it comes to investments

My thoughts too - one would hope that business people in football have already seen and realised what 'could' happen due to unsustainable spending.

I just hope I'm not being naive in my rather hopeful view!

I Don't worry about things i have no control over...

I understand the concern, but since the owners will do as they please, for better or worse, i might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

I Don't worry about things i have no control over...

I understand the concern, but since the owners will do as they please, for better or worse, i might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

Exactly, I'd much rather this that the absolute shite we had before Mandaric, whatever the end result.

Famous last words - I don't see a problem.

The club has two aims:
(1) to please Vichai by increasing the brand awareness of King Power
(2) to enable Top "to sit at the cool kids table."

King Power has increased its brand awareness by investing in a Championship team. That is nothing compared with the brand awareness of Leicester in the Premiership - and unlike the owners in the time of Micky Adams staying in the Premiership.
Top has already got some time at the Cool Kids table - first Sven and then Real Madrid. He will want to be greeting Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea and the sooner the better.

We have owners who turn up to games - they are not The Glazers.
The owners do not try and influence selection - they are not Abramovitch.

If £10 million of new players gets Leicester into the Premiership that is a bargain for King Power.
If they need to spend another £10 million that is nothing in terms of branding.

I believe the modern phrase is a Win-Win situation.

I believe the modern phrase is a Win-Win situation.

Only if we get promoted.

If we don't get promoted this season, do they spend another £10-20 million on players next summer?

Then what happens if we fail to get promoted again?

If they don't get the success they want at some point they'll give up and try to cut their losses.

Even if they're prepared to let the club go for a nominal fee just to get it off their hands and don't expect to get any of their money back, the new owner would be saddled with a wage bill far higher than is sustainable at this level.

Only if we get promoted.

If we don't get promoted this season, do they spend another £10-20 million on players next summer?

Then what happens if we fail to get promoted again?

If they don't get the success they want at some point they'll give up and try to cut their losses.

Even if they're prepared to let the club go for a nominal fee just to get it off their hands and don't expect to get any of their money back, the new owner would be saddled with a wage bill far higher than is sustainable at this level.

People were worried about this during Mandaric's reign, perhaps with good cause, but we are better of now than before. I have no reason to believe that when Top et al sell us on, we will end up better off again.

People were worried about this during Mandaric's reign, perhaps with good cause, but we are better of now than before. I have no reason to believe that when Top et al sell us on, we will end up better off again.

Eh??? Does this need rewording, or am I missing something?

Eh??? Does this need rewording, or am I missing something?

Jeff was saying he was worried about the current financial outlay if we don't get promoted. My point was that people worried about the same thing all the way through Mandaric's reign and we ended up OK when he sold us. I have no reason to believe that the same won't be true when the Thais sell us.

Jeff was saying he was worried about the current financial outlay if we don't get promoted. My point was that people worried about the same thing all the way through Mandaric's reign and we ended up OK when he sold us. I have no reason to believe that the same won't be true when the Thais sell us.

To be fair there is no reason to believe that the same will be true either.

Baby I see this world has made you sad
Some people can be bad
The things they do, the things they say
But baby I'll wipe away those bitter tears
I'll chase away those restless fears
That turn your blue skies into grey
Why worry, there should be laughter after the pain
There should be sunshine after rain
These things have always been the same
So why worry now
Baby when I get down I turn to you
And you make sense of what I do
I know it isn't hard to say
But baby just when this world seems mean and cold
Our love comes shining red and gold
And all the rest is by the way
Why worry, there should be laughter after pain
So why worry now

To be fair there is no reason to believe that the same will be true either.

Baby I see this world has made you sad
Some people can be bad
The things they do, the things they say
But baby I'll wipe away those bitter tears
I'll chase away those restless fears
That turn your blue skies into grey
Why worry, there should be laughter after the pain
So why worry now
Baby when I get down I turn to you
And you make sense of what I do
I know it isn't hard to say
But baby just when this world seems mean and cold
Our love comes shining red and gold
And all the rest is by the way
Why worry, there should be laughter after pain
So why worry now

There is. If I believe that we will be ****ed then I will spend the next year or so worried and anxious every time we spend a penny. If I believe we will be fine then I can enjoy it and not be a miserable git.

There is. If I believe that we will be ****ed then I will spend the next year or so worried and anxious every time we spend a penny. If I believe we will be fine then I can enjoy it and not be a miserable git.

I agree with you, but trying to argue the point with critical, paranoid, depressives is going to get us nowhere. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669