What a waste of money??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikko

I'VE SPENT £11M ON CITY - MILAN

Milan Mandaric today revealed that he has spent £11million in his first year as owner of Leicester City.

The City chairman admits there were times during 12 turbulent months when he might have thrown in the towel.

Despite Mandaric's massive investment, City are in a worse position in the Championship now than when he took over.

They go into Saturday's crucial home game against Norwich in 20th place on 34 points, compared to 17th and 37 points a year ago. And they have played a game more.

Mandaric, who marked his first-year anniversary yesterday, said: "So far I have invested over £11million in this club to get going. It has not been easy.

"I am not crying about it, but I tell you there were a few times when I thought 'what am I doing here', when I wondered if I would throw in the towel.

"This is not where I expected to be at this stage. There is a lot of work to be done but I know I will do it.

"When I go away from here, I will leave this club in a far better shape than when I took over.

"I am still excited by it. We have a huge number of great supporters who are as desperate as I am to get this club up and running."

It is not clear how the £11m breaks down, but there has been considerable outlay on players like striker DJ Campbell (£2.3m), captain Stephen Clemence (£750,000), Matt Oakley (£500,000) and Barry Hayles (£150,000).

And Mandaric probably had to agree settlements with sacked manager Martin Allen and the players who left by "mutual consent".

Like bollocks has he spent 11 million.

Those aren't the fees paid - they include bonuses depending on success factors (hardly likely at this club at the mo') - and I doubt the cash has come from his pocket anyway.

Mandaric is really starting to piss me off, constantly spouting shit. Shut up man and start running the club a bit more efficiently!

Those aren't the fees paid - they include bonuses depending on success factors (hardly likely at this club at the mo') - and I doubt the cash has come from his pocket anyway.

Mandaric is really starting to piss me off, constantly spouting shit. Shut up man and start running the club a bit more efficiently!

A men to that

I would think its another way of saying that we will have to sell before we buy again. Even so I dont know where such a figure comes from :102:

He wouldn't have spent so much if Martin Allen was still in charge. Having the senior players cleaning the toilets and working in the megastore would have knocked loads off the wage bill.

That's the beauty of hindsight.

Slow aren't you, that was going on throughout the takeover....

shall we do a liverpool, all pay a few quid, and take it over?!?!?!?! (shotgun head of the table seat in boardroom)

I don't think that all of the money has been wasted. I think Howard is a very good player at this level. Oakes and Clemence are better than our midfield of last season. DJ is not a bad player although not worth £2 million. Since I believe that player for player we are better than last season I am baffled as to why we are getting worse results.

Mandaric is to blame in large part, if not totally, for the fact that he he has spent 11 miilion and got **** all back for it. He was the one who signed an inexperienced manager to the club last summer. He was the one who ultimately signed off on 16 new players coming in to the club without questioning logic or wage bills or why players were not leaving to make room for these new siginings.

As I understand it he has spent less than £1m of his own money, so the debt must have increased by £10m if he has spent an extra £11m than previous seasons.

Its not long ago that we apparently couldnt raise £150k to buy Joey Gud back, how times, but not league positions change.:icon_conf

As I figure it:

DJ + Clem = ~2.5
Howard = ~2
Oakly = 0.5

Plus payoffs and undisclosed, I don't see 11 as being too high, could be about right

How much of that was spent getting rid of players ? I'd rather have MM here wasting his money than see him at some mediocre club.

I bet the Kaebi thing cost the best part of a million,

agent fee + 'undisclosed transfer fee' + signing on fee + wages + pay-off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673