What a waste of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
When money is tight, isn't it good to know that everybody at the club is looking after every penny they can? Or are they?

Dismal gates for the 4-team tournament last year - and it looks as though the latest idea for a two-day extravaganza is about to go west, with the shows being cancelled.

Whose idea this time?

Same bloke as last time?

Thought so!!

how do you know the amazing foxes music fesitval is going to be cancelled? is it because people aren't rushing to see quo n darius THE FOOLS :eek:

drummindefender said:
how do you know the amazing foxes music fesitval is going to be cancelled?

Doesn't everybody know?

bocadillo said:
When money is tight, isn't it good to know that everybody at the club is looking after every penny they can? Or are they?

Dismal gates for the 4-team tournament last year - and it looks as though the latest idea for a two-day extravaganza is about to go west, with the shows being cancelled.

Whose idea this time?

Same bloke as last time?

Thought so!!

But surely if it's cancelled the club would have put loads of news stories on their website telling us what good news it is that they've been cancelled, because it will help keep the pitch in good condition.

The website selling the tickets is still showing it as being on - so maybe your source is wrong.

I'm not sure what involvement LCFC have in staging the concerts. They're certainly not selling the tickets, and I'd be surprised if they doing much more than hiring out the stadium and doing a bit of publicity. Most clubs staging concerts just hire out the stadium, if Mace thinks the club can organise it themselves it'll probably be a complete disaster.

Now on the OS:

"Postponed as organisers cannot secure additional days and acts"

Were they hoping to make it a mini-Glastonbury or what?

Or is this just code for "We cannot sell any tickets"?

Trees get REM and Bolton get Coldplay...there must be SOME band with a bit of cred we could get! Mind u knowing LCFC they probably on the phone to Showaddywaddy as I speak :?

webmaster said:
... maybe your source is wrong.

Seemingly it wasn't.

Mike - True Blue Tinter said:
Now on the OS:

"Postponed as organisers cannot secure additional days"

Sounds as though they wanted to make a two-day flop into a three-day flop!

Vixen said:
Trees get REM and Bolton get Coldplay...there must be SOME band with a bit of cred we could get! Mind u knowing LCFC they probably on the phone to Showaddywaddy as I speak :?

The obvious band that springs to mind would be Kasabian,

webmaster said:
bocadillo said:

Whose idea this time?

Same bloke as last time?

Thought so!!

But surely if it's cancelled the club would have put loads of news stories on their website telling us what good news it is that they've been cancelled, because it will help keep the pitch in good condition.

The website selling the tickets is still showing it as being on - so maybe your source is wrong.

I'm not sure what involvement LCFC have in staging the concerts. They're certainly not selling the tickets, and I'd be surprised if they doing much more than hiring out the stadium and doing a bit of publicity. Most clubs staging concerts just hire out the stadium, if Mace thinks the club can organise it themselves it'll probably be a complete disaster.

The club were doing all the marketing themselves & we had already expressed our concerns to the club a few weeks ago

Foxes_Trust said:
webmaster said:
bocadillo said:

Whose idea this time?

Same bloke as last time?

Thought so!!

The club were doing all the marketing themselves & we had already expressed our concerns to the club a few weeks ago

It makes me wonder whether the management at City couldn't be sharpened up. First we had the shirt spin from the Club (Mace) which is even more ridiculous now as there have been many people on this and other boards saying how good the shirts are. If they are such an easy sell why make it more difficult. :? :? :-( :roll:

Then on the question of these concerts. What expertise is there within the Club for promoting such things. Little I would have thought and it has proved too much for some at the Club.

After reading about Tim Davies and the efforts the Club made for the Everton fan that died, it has struck me that the management are a bit like the team at the moment, incapable of putting two good performances together. :roll:

Perhaps for the good of the Club as a whole the management team of Leicester City could do with a CL type shake up during the Summer period. :D :D :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: :smt023

Foxes_Trust said:

Presumably the club's idea of marketing is to promote it just to their existing customer base, which appears to be what they've concentrated on, rather than to the people who might actually be interested in going.

It also seems that for an event with so many tickets - and no history, two months advance notice is probably not long enough. The concerts at other stadiums this summer (for bigger bands) were anounced several months before ours (for example REM at f*rest was announced last autumn).

Timing also seems to be wrong. The second concert would be mainly of interest to kids, and was due to be on a Thursday night. I'm sure a lot of parents wouldn't be keen for their kids to be out late in midweek - and this might also restrict it to locals only. Something like that would have been far better at the weekend, during the day.

Makes you wonder precisely how much money we have to piss down the drain before someone is actually held accountable at our club

Never mind, though - we can always bring out a new shirt to recoup the losses

As if this was EVER going to succeed

Shambles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675