What did MON say to the FA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the beginning of the search for Erikkson's replacement Brian Barwick made it perfectly clear that MON was his favourite fro the job.

He had all the qualifications - played at the highest level for club and country, managed to success in The Premiership and taken a team to a European final and he was British (a fact important to Barwick)

It is also widely know that MON had two interviews with the FA - unlike Allardyce and Curbs he has made no comment whatsoever on what went on and yet he has spectacularly fallen from clear favourite to not being even mentioned yesterday at the unveiling of Maclaren....

What do you reckon he did..........

i reckon mon told them a few home truths that they couldnt organise a piss up in a brewery :icon_lol:

seriously though did mon actually say he would want the job?? is his wife any better maybe he couldnt give them any assurances if his wife is still ill :102:

The rumours in the press were that the FA werent prepared to employ MON's backroom staff and that was the biggest sticking point.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
The rumours in the press were that the FA werent prepared to employ MON's backroom staff and that was the biggest sticking point.

Will be interesting to see who MacLaren picks as his support then...Stuart Pearce perhaps.......Curbs?

MON wanted everything done his way. The Brian clough curse i reckon. he wanted his own backroom staff etc and when asked about some "extra duties" he said he wanted nothing to do with it, he just wanted to manage and coach the first team, no extras. he said basicly said that these extra jobs should be handled by the coaching/FA staff. they didn't like that.

and to answer this thread

"in the same period of time and with less money i won more then steve mclaren did"

fooking joke that sm got it.

Nathan said:
MON wanted everything done his way. The Brian clough curse i reckon. he wanted his own backroom staff etc and when asked about some "extra duties" he said he wanted nothing to do with it, he just wanted to manage and coach the first team, no extras. he said basicly said that these extra jobs should be handled by the coaching/FA staff. they didn't like that.

It was the bit about MON not willing to be responsible for all youth teams and improving the general coaching framework in England that I'd read was responsible.

And MON is right. You can't try and hire the best - like Scolari - and then tell them to coach the under-18s. Similarly you can't expect someone like McLaren to be responsible for improving coaching standards across England. As it said in one paper, what could McLaren say to Alan Pardew about coaching after Pardew had taken 6 points from him this seaosn?

I imagine the interview went like this:-

Barwick: So martin you got through the first interview, role play tasks and basic aptitude tests now we are going talk about how we will take the Eng land team forward.

MON: We?

Barwick: Yes, me, you and the sponsors. We have your team sheets printed ready, now, pretend i am the sports editor for the sun and explain to me your team selection.

MON: Robinson, Adidas £4 million per year,
G Neville, Ann Summers, £2 million per year,
Campbell, Berghaus, £4 million per year,
Terry, KBG enterprises, £40 million per year,
Beckham, Gilette, £10 million per year,
Gerrard, Chelsea village inc, £4 million per year,
Lampard, UAE airways, £4 million per year,
Rooney, Durex, £4 million per year,
Crouch, Coles Garden Centre, £6 million per year.....

Barwick: You have to be more imaginative than that martin, or just dont say a fecking word about team selection, anyway, that just leaves the left hand side you may pick anyone you like as long as joe cole plays 1 match in 3, we get £2 million per appearance from Roman.

MON: Get fecked ill pick the team that has the best chance of winning the European cup.

Barwick: Bye Martin, you have been unsuccessful, McClaren despite doing feck all previously will do as he is told. Go apply for the boro job if you want to pick your own players. But dont go crying to the LMA if you dont earn £4 million per year for the privilege.

all of the above, and "no I wont keep beckham as Captain."

word from a reliable source says that MON is getting the sunderland job, why he would i dont know but its what i have heard

fitz said:
word from a reliable source says that MON is getting the sunderland job, why he would i dont know but its what i have heard
he supported sunderland as a lad but i cant see him taken that on to be honest-middlesborough is a more likely possibility at the moment though i reckon he wont come back until a big job is on offer.

drummindefender said:
he supported sunderland as a lad but i cant see him taken that on to be honest-middlesborough is a more likely possibility at the moment though i reckon he wont come back until a big job is on offer.

well the story i got was that he has taking it and it will be confirmed after the season has finished

fooking hell how can sunderland fans be so wrong :eek:

heres the thoughts of one guy from their official forum......

"We are in danger, as are the FA, of being brainwashed by the papers. He has done well in NON league and the lower leagues, but has never been tested, and even ran away to Scotland when he could have got a major job in the Prem. My personal feeling is that he likes his own little comfort zone, and could not handle the running of a major English team, and his puffed up idea of his own importance because of his "success" north of the border will make him feel that "we are not worthy" of him. "

"It is only the Papers that have made him "high profile"

His first class ENGLISH credentials are worse than Wilkinson, Reid,Dalgleish, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONASS, Graham, Etc............."

"What has he acheived in the top flight in ENGLAND that makes him "special""

prick

drummindefender said:
can the source be named and has he been reliable before ;)

source cant be named as i dont know their name, its someone i work withs close relative, who is in a high position at said shite club.

drummindefender said:
fooking hell how can sunderland fans be so wrong :eek:

heres the thoughts of one guy from their official forum......

"We are in danger, as are the FA, of being brainwashed by the papers. He has done well in NON league and the lower leagues, but has never been tested, and even ran away to Scotland when he could have got a major job in the Prem. My personal feeling is that he likes his own little comfort zone, and could not handle the running of a major English team, and his puffed up idea of his own importance because of his "success" north of the border will make him feel that "we are not worthy" of him. "

"It is only the Papers that have made him "high profile"

His first class ENGLISH credentials are worse than Wilkinson, Reid,Dalgleish, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONASS, Graham, Etc............."

"What has he acheived in the top flight in ENGLAND that makes him "special""

prick
Thick nothern bast**ds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675