What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got through my History exam without any apparent **** ups.

thanks i now hope to acheive the impossible and name 11 people to snuff it this year that no other of these sick feckers have picked

Might I suggest the first 11 poor feckers that you get to look after in the loony bin

Im right next to the window, sounds nice but makes no difference to the temp in here.

I got an email today from one of my publishers via a film company. They want me to attend a private screening of a movie which may or may not be partially based on one of my books. And they may or may not want me to work with them on the publicity for the movie.

It's like a tunnel into a previous life I led. Whatever happens, it feels good to know I'm me. Earlier this week I went to try to get a loan from my bank so I could finish my PhD and it was like NO. I expect that kind of thing. Story of my life. The tides ebb and flood, but I never satisfy the requirements of banks, because I can't give any assurances, at all, ever.

This screening, on Tuesday, whatever the outcome (and the film looks brilliant!) isn't the point. The point is that someone kinda recognises who I am, and what I do, and have done, and can do still. That my identity hasn't been totally lost in the three years in which I've sold everything I have to complete what I have to enable kids on the spectrum to be accepted as they are is all I can ask for.

Wotevva. It's good to get 'myself' back, for a night. Let's hope they can cope with my rubbish Primark clothes :)

Last edited:
I got an email today from one of my publishers via a film company. They want me to attend a private screening of a movie which may or may not be partially based on one of my books. And they may or may not want me to work with them on the publicity for the movie.

It's like a tunnel into a previous life I led. Whatever happens, it feels good to know I'm me. Earlier this week I went to try to get a loan from my bank so I could finish my PhD and it was like NO. I expect that kind of thing. Story of my life. The tides ebb and flood, but I never satisfy the requirements of banks, because I can't give any assurances, at all, ever.

This screening, on Tuesday, whatever the outcome (and the film looks brilliant!) isn't the point. The point is that someone kinda recognises who I am, and what I do, and have done, and can do still. That my identity hasn't been totally lost in the three years in which I've sold everything I have to complete what I have to enable kids on the spectrum to be accepted as they are is all I can ask for.

Wotevva. It's good to get 'myself' back, for a night. Let's hope they can cope with my rubbish Primark clothes :)

Congratulations on the film deal, but I really don't see the point of anything past the first paragraph, and it just re-enforces my opinion of you being very self pitying, self promoting and just very lonely.

Congratulations on the film deal, but I really don't see the point of anything past the first paragraph, and it just re-enforces my opinion of you being very self pitying, self promoting and just very lonely.

All the best for an advanced Theory of Mind, soon.

x

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610