What makes you feel English?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

This was a discussion on Radio 5 this morning.

One of the best answers was “going for a Dutch beer in an Irish pub and then driving home in my German car and stopping off for an Indian curry.”

I just wondered what made tbers feel English.:102:

Being a piss taker. English people take the piss better than anyone.

Agreed.

Making people look stupid purely for fun is what we are good at, and for that I'm proud.

Foreigners will attempt it for personal gain, especially if you work for them, but we will do it purely for fun, and it's great.

"drinking loads and causing fights in the center of town"

I disagree. The English just think they're better than anyone.

The Irish, Scottish & Welsh are just as good at piss taking, if not better. Taking the piss out of the English is a national sport for all of us.

I only tend to feel English (although my family background is Scots) when England are playing. I am happy with the British tag generally.

But what makes me really fell British/English is tha fact that we appear to be different from the rest of continental Europe. Our general culture, our behavior, our music and fashion, our football style, our food, lots of things really.

Although there are many different countries in there appears to be a lot of blurring across Europe especially around borders. I guess being an Island nation helps.

Anyway to sum it up, being the country thet every other european nation hates and envies.

Last edited:
I disagree. The English just think they're better than anyone.

The Irish, Scottish & Welsh are just as good at piss taking, if not better. Taking the piss out of the English is a national sport for all of us.

A few of the English have a ****ing huge chips on their shoulders...but so do a lot of the Irish,Scottish and Welsh.The English are no funnier etc than anyone else they just like to think they are.

being English...

Cheering on Andy Murray as a Brit, until he finally punches above his weight and calling him a useless looser Scottish twat.

Most of Europe seem to think of all us who live in the British Isles as 'English' in conversation etc, although they use the term Britain in EU business and language. Most of what I have done with my life has involved family, friends, colleagues, contacts from England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, that my Englishness is not something I think about much. A decent bloke is a decent bloke, a twat is a twat. Anyone who shoots at you and tries to kill you is an enemy.

I do cheer for England in sport competition/matches, but I am happy to offer my feirce support to the other countries when they take on Johnny Foreigner! :icon_wink

Telling a bird that she's lucky to have you, and if she's very lucky you might just get stuck up her if you can be bothered.

**** this continental seduction malarkey!!!

Cheering for whichever team happens to be playing against Scotland :081:

Having an egg and bacon sarnie, made with "bloomer" bread doorstop-wedge slices,

or

having a full fry-up with eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, tinned tomatoes, black pudding, fried bread and a couple of slices if bread and butter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669