What song should we have before the match?

what song should be played before kick off?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously though, this song should be seriously considered.

A local band closely associated with the club, at will get the crowd going for certain.

Even those that think it's shit ?

People will always differ with musical tastes.

But it's alot better than all the other ones put forward so far and actually has ties to the club and football. I bet it would get a better reaction from the crowd than any of the others mentioned so far. Kasabian are idolised in Leicester and by a significant proportion of football fans thanks to its association with films such as Green Street and Score and various football games.

Other clubs already use it. We have moree of a right than any of them

People will always differ with musical tastes.

But it's alot better than all the other ones put forward so far and actually has ties to the club and football. I bet it would get a better reaction from the crowd than any of the others mentioned so far. Kasabian are idolised in Leicester and by a significant proportion of football fans thanks to its association with films such as Green Street and Score and various football games.

Other clubs already use it. We have moree of a right than any of them

So are Showaddywaddy, but I wouldn't want to hear 'Under the Moon of Love' booming out of the Walker's loudpseakers (although Three Steps to Heaven might be nice)

So are Showaddywaddy, but I wouldn't want to hear 'Under the Moon of Love' booming out of the Walker's loudpseakers (although Three Steps to Heaven might be nice)

I don't think there would be too many complaints if Kasabian was being blared out of the loudspeakers though. One of the biggest current UK bands at there hometown football club, with a song with relevance to football isn't going to upset that many apart from the older generation who still want the post horn gallop.

I don't think there would be too many complaints if Kasabian was being blared out of the loudspeakers though. One of the biggest current UK bands at there hometown football club, with a song with relevance to football isn't going to upset that many apart from the older generation who still want the post horn gallop.

So their opinion of wanting the PHG is of a lower value than those who would want the Kasabian song (despite, I strongly suspect, their number being far greater) ??

How nice

Aside from the fact that we keep arguing the fact that we don't actually NEED or indeed really want music, the fact that Kasabian are from Leicester is a ridiculous reason to use them. Half the older fans won't know who they are for a start, plus their music is shit and I don't think they are in anyway idolised in Leicester at all.

I never said that, I am just stating that the objections against the recommendatino I have put forward would be small. As your you stated that you thought the song was rubbish.

I respect the opinion of those who wish to keep the post horn gallop as it is part of the club's heritage. However, I think that it has lost it's appeal wit hthe younger fans and I do feel that the club should try to make the ground a place which visitors do not wish to come to and I feel that by introducing Clubfoot when the team comes out would help to bring out an atmosphere which would spur on the home team from kick off and scare the visitors.

This is why I would strongly consider it. I think the post horn gallop could be still kept by the club perhaps when the teams return from half time. But I really think it is imperative to have an adrenaline surge present from kick off, especially with the club in it's current situation.

I never said that, I am just stating that the objections against the recommendatino I have put forward would be small. As your you stated that you thought the song was rubbish.

I respect the opinion of those who wish to keep the post horn gallop as it is part of the club's heritage. However, I think that it has lost it's appeal wit hthe younger fans and I do feel that the club should try to make the ground a place which visitors do not wish to come to and I feel that by introducing Clubfoot when the team comes out would help to bring out an atmosphere which would spur on the home team from kick off and scare the visitors.

This is why I would strongly consider it. I think the post horn gallop could be still kept by the club perhaps when the teams return from half time. But I really think it is imperative to have an adrenaline surge present from kick off, especially with the club in it's current situation.

That is the role of the crowd - not some godforsaken dirge from some highly overrated shite band who no one will remember in three years time (assuming that they know them now, which at least half of the crowd won't)

An announcement just before kick off that Wispas are available at the food outlets would bring a surge of excitement,you can get them again now y'know.....

plus their music is shit and I don't think they are in anyway idolised in Leicester at all.

A debut album charting at number 2 in the album charts and a number one follow up, not to mention and a sell out tour. The two Leicester dates selling out in the space of an hour incedentally would show their popularity in Leicester.

An announcement just before kick off that Wispas are available at the food outlets would bring a surge of excitement,you can get them again now y'know.....

If they also said that someone had just seen some white dog poo outside the ground, there would be a near feckin' riot

A debut album charting at number 2 in the album charts and a number one follow up, not to mention and a sell out tour. The two Leicester dates selling out in the space of an hour incedentally would show their popularity in Leicester.

How about a debut album charting at number four

And a massive number one single followed by half a dozen top ten singles

All from a Leicester artist

Let's hear it for our new music to run out to (altogether now) "Return of the Mack etc. etc."

I think you a lot of older fans are being obnoxious about this. To slate a band that has associations with the club already (having provided promotional photos for the kit i nthe pas) and who have only ever said positive things about the club is just rude. You might not like their music but don't be abusive about them when you don't have any reason to.

I think the crowd should join together in silent prayer before the match, no music at all.

Who is this Kasabian crowd any way? What kind of music do they play?
Is it hardcore Euro trance?

I think you a lot of older fans are being obnoxious about this. To slate a band that has associations with the club already (having provided promotional photos for the kit i nthe pas) and who have only ever said positive things about the club is just rude. You might not like their music but don't be abusive about them when you don't have any reason to.

We're not being abusive about them, I don't like them and I don't think they are anywhere near as "idolised" in Leicester as you make out. Popular, yes, idolised, no

How about a debut album charting at number four

And a massive number one single followed by half a dozen top ten singles

All from a Leicester artist

Let's hear it for our new music to run out to (altogether now) "Return of the Mack etc. etc."

Who went on to become a convicted criminal and has done nothing notable since. Yeah I can see that being more well received than Kasabian. At least they are current, closely associate themselves with the club and are current.

Who has been abusive???

Who went on to become a convicted criminal and has done nothing notable since. Yeah I can see that being more well received than Kasabian. At least they are current, closely associate themselves with the club and are current.

Donb't forget they are current as well.

I think the crowd should join together in silent prayer before the match, no music at all.

Who is this Kasabian crowd any way? What kind of music do they play?
Is it hardcore Euro trance?

Clubfoot is a football anthem and Kasabian are one of the most respected of the current Indie/rock scene in the UK. With fans as notable as The Gallagher brothers of Oasis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263