What TD said on RL this morning....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Voice From Above

8.30 Radio Leicester...Tim Davies....

no money for transfers in, unless there are moves the other way. There is nothing in the pipeline regarding players leaving that he is aware of.

No approaches made to any clubs regarding the vacant managers job.

If Rob Kelly does well for the next 3 matches then he would be consisdered.

So.....

With these comments in mind it seems to me that there is no rush to appoint a new man ahead of the closure of the transfer window next week. It doesn't sound like we have any money to pay compensation to a club for their manager and whoever comes in will be jobless at the moment and will have the same set of players to work with moving forward.

Just my interpretation..........

DON'T WORRY, BE HAPPY

Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note-for-note
Don't worry, be happy
In every life we have some trouble
But when you worry, you make it double
Don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo hoo-hoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-woo-oo-woo-oo-ooo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo hoo-hoo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Woo-oo-woo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ain't got no place to lay your head
Somebody came and took your bed
Don't worry, be happy
The landlord say your rent is late
He may have to litigate
Don't worry, (ha-ha ha-ha ha-ha) be happy (look at me, I'm happy)

Ooo-oo-hoo-hoo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo (Here, I'll give you my phone number. When you're
worried, call me. I'll make you happy.)
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo Be happy
Woo-oo-oo-oo-ooo

Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style
Ain't got no gal to make you smile
But don't worry, be happy
'Cause when you're worried, your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry

Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo Be happy

Now there, is this song I wrote
I hope you learned it note-for-note, like good little children
Don't worry, be happy
A-listen to a-what I say
In your life, expect some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy, be happy now

Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry
Woo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Be happy

Ooo-oo-hoo-oo-oo oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, don't worry
Oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't do it, be happy
Oo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Put a smile on your face
Don't bring everybody down like
this
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo It will soon pass, whatever it
is
Ooo-oo-oo-oo-ooo Don't worry, be happy

To be honest that confuses me. Surely what we need now is a certainty. I thought that we'd have someone lined up, at this point of the season surely we need someone to get behind, not just to give Kelly a go for a few games then someone else a go.

:102: :102: I think Davies has panicked! I really do. I hear a lot of people saying "Good, brill, etc" but what have we got now?

£225,000 less money.

Joe_Fox said:
:102: :102: I think Davies has panicked! I really do. I hear a lot of people saying "Good, brill, etc" but what have we got now?

£225,000 less money.

The £225,000 was only Levein's pay off wasn't it?

If so, they surely Houston and Black have had money as well. :icon_roll

Mike Hunt Smells said:
The £225,000 was only Levein's pay off wasn't it?

If so, they surely Houston and Black have had money as well. :icon_roll

Oh yeah, make that £225,002 :biggrin:

Joe_Fox said:

£225,000 less money.

are you saying that because he hasn't got a replacement lined up, he's kind of messed things up?

Joe_Fox said:

£225,000 less money.

Not a great deal else he could have done really except staying with Levein and taking a chance he would have turned it round or give Rob Kelly a chance to motivate the team, change tactics etc etc, not many if any other options available

Joe_Fox said:

£225,000 less money.

You can not have it both ways Joe, correct me if i am wrong (I know you will :icon_wink ) but were you not one of the ones saying CL should go and the board 'are kicking thier heels' and should get rid sooner rather than later. Now he has paniced and not thought it through :confused:.
We all know we haven't got a pot to piss in, TD gave CL cash to sign players and it hasn't reaped results, if he had held onto CL he would be in for more stick, but he could see that although CL has stuck to the guidelines set out in his job discription he hasn't delivered the points needed to ensure all of the good work doesnt get flushed down the loo if we go down.
Basically all I can see you saying is we should have kept CL and given him 225k to sign another player, who IMO, would not have the impact that a new manager would have of trying to keep us up.

Last edited:
http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|4357232612006407723531

"The length of Kelly's tenure will depend on the search for a new manager and chief executive Tim Davies expects no shortage of candidates.

Indeed, he told me: "There was so much speculation that every time we had a board meeting recently I would be getting calls from people showing interest. We had contingency plans for Craig leaving, this way or going to a bigger job, so we have some things in mind and we are going to do everything through the proper channels."

Naughty Fox said:
http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?key=1D29|0|2185366269754|R|536|4357232612006407723531

"The length of Kelly's tenure will depend on the search for a new manager and chief executive Tim Davies expects no shortage of candidates.

Indeed, he told me: "There was so much speculation that every time we had a board meeting recently I would be getting calls from people showing interest. We had contingency plans for Craig leaving, this way or going to a bigger job, so we have some things in mind and we are going to do everything through the proper channels."

John Gregory....

I hope Rob Kelly fares better than Gary Parker did in his only game in charge and that was a Cup tie, against Leeds.:frown:

I went to that game as well:icon_sad: what was the final score as I lost count after a while:frown:

Last edited:
Motown Fox said:
I hope Rob Kelly fares better than Gary Parker did in his only game in charge and that was a Cup tie, against Leeds.:frown:

I went to that game as well:icon_sad: what was the final score as I lost count after a while:frown:

0-6:eek:

Motown Fox said:

6-0, i think.

kelly has a lot more to his name in coaching. i'm quite optimistic about him taking control (for some reason)

so gary isnt a candidate? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670