Whats the big deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickovforengland!

Wigan and Reading groundshare. Can't say either look that bad to me.

The ground is called the Walkers Stadium FFS. A tribute to a subsidiary of PEPSI who also sponsor Wolves under the guise of Doritos.

The Rugby fans won't be at the ground at the same time, so get over it losers!

Dickovforengland! said:

I thought Wigan's pitch on Saturday was crap.
It seemed to be worse near the touchline - dunno if that's because of the way rugby is played, or if it's something to do with the design of the stadium.

webmaster said:
Dickovforengland! said:

It seemed to be worse near the touchline - dunno if that's because of the way rugby is played, or if it's something to do with the design of the stadium.

Apparently they used a heavy roller on it & shouldn't do that with that type of pitch, hence have made a mess of it (our club told us tonight)

webmaster said:
Dickovforengland! said:

Wigan Warriors being a rugby league team play most of their games in the summer too, Tigers are obviously going to be churning our pitch up throughout winter...

Good point, Wigan do play Rugby in the summer. Still thought the pitch looked OK, did forget my glasses though I was right at the front in the first half.

However I have been to the Madjeski a number of times in the last few years with glasses and although I wasn't looking for it the pitch didn't stand out as being worse for wear. So my point still stands can't see the problem with the groundshare doubt anyone will be moaning in 5 years time when the reduced overheads mean we have more cash to spend on novel concepts like players under 30.

Dickovforengland! said:
Good point, Wigan do play Rugby in the summer. Still thought the pitch looked OK, did forget my glasses though I was right at the front in the first half.

However I have been to the Madjeski a number of times in the last few years with glasses and although I wasn't looking for it the pitch didn't stand out as being worse for wear. So my point still stands can't see the problem with the groundshare doubt anyone will be moaning in 5 years time when the reduced overheads mean we have more cash to spend on novel concepts like players under 30.

To be honest with modern technology the pitch should be the least of our problems, and it really shouldnt be an issue.

Lboro fox said:
Dickovforengland! said:

To be honest with modern technology the pitch should be the least of our problems, and it really shouldnt be an issue.

It's grass for f*cks sake!

Its not just grass though Joe. Thats the point. There are numerous different types of grass to choose from, numerous different types of synthetic fibre, yarn and turfs and any number of combinations based on budget, application, use, drainage etc.

THE PITCH SHOULD IS NOT AN ISSUE!

Dunc said:
Its not just grass though Joe. Thats the point. There are numerous different types of grass to choose from, numerous different types of synthetic fibre, yarn and turfs and any number of combinations based on budget, application, use, drainage etc.

A key word there, "should". It IS an issue.

Joe_Fox said:
Dunc said:

A key word there, "should". It IS an issue.

It's not though if watford can do it saracens, and still keep a good pitch, then why can't we?

After reading the Press this morning this 'Groundshare' is by no means certain.The main probliem being Primacy of Fixtures.The Rugby Union powers that be have stated that any groundsharing that goes ahead as to involve the Rugby team being given primacy of fixtures i.e the right to play their games when they want to and the footballing side having to fit in around them.The Football League are vicea versa so The football side must have Primacy of Fixtures for the move to be sanctioned.Also The Watford and Reading situations are ,as I understand it, different from ours in that they both own or are tennants of their stadiums so the Rugby sides are paying the 2 football clubs money to play there where as the plan here is to set a third party to run the stadium.One last thing Hull and Wigan are shared with Rugby League sides whose officials probably have a different set of rules governing Primacy of Fixtures.What it all boils down to is someone be it Football side or the Rugby side are going to have to back down,so we might see less and less games kicking off on a Saturday at 3pm.

even if the pitch gets messed up... surely playing there week in week out would make us adaptable to it whereas when teams coming to play would struggle and hence it would still be advantage to us in the long term?

lcfcrules said:
even if the pitch gets messed up... surely playing there week in week out would make us adaptable to it whereas when teams coming to play would struggle and hence it would still be advantage to us in the long term?

Not a bad point, but surely this is feeding on the negative.

I'll amend my post.

The pitch isn't an issue. Seriously, its not. Get over it.

Joe_Fox said:
Lboro fox said:
Dickovforengland! said:

It's grass for f*cks sake!

Maybe that's all part of the master plan!
We can't seem to win on the perfect pitch that exists now so if its cut up like a farmer's field that's got to be worth another 25 points a season.
And with Tigers in our camp we'll be able to borrow a few boys to make the mudbath even more effective.
Is there any end to the benefits??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670