Status
Not open for further replies.

Feriol

For me: week begins on Monday.

This weekend = end of this week.
Next weekend = end of next week.

Last edited:

Joe_Fox

It depends on when you say "next weekend". Like the smart ones have already mentioned, the week begins on Monday, so if it is Monday 1st, Tuesday 2nd, Wednesday 3rd, Thursday 4th, or Friday 5th, next weekend is Saturday 13th and Sunday 14th. "This weekend" will, in this example, be Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th. "Last weekend" can never refer to the current weekend. If you said "last weekend on Monday 8th, you would be referring to Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th although you'd probably not say "last weekend", you would probably say "at the weekend".

H T B

to some it's the weekend at the end of the present week, to some it's the weekend after.

If it's Monday or Tuesday, next weekend is the weekend at the end of the present week, if it's Thursday or Friday, next weekend is in 8 or 9 days.
If it's Wednesday, who knows? ;)

M17TT C

So is 'next Friday' the 16th (17th in my world) or the 23rd?

I like H T B's answer the best so far though.

Last edited:

spionfox

If somebody asks me today what I am DOING at the weekend (or THIS weekend) I will tell them my plans for 17/18th August.

If somebody asks me today what I DID at the weekend, I will tell them what I did on 10/11th August.

If somebody asks me today what I am doing NEXT weekend I will tell them what my plans are for 24/25th August.

Hardly rocket science :icon_roll

Last edited:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
I agree with spion and all those who agree with him.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
I agree with spion and all those who agree with him.

Indeed, Spion is correct.

It is however infuriating, when you say 'Next weekend' and some idiot then says 'do you mean this weekend or the weekend after?' Clearly if I'd have meant this weekend, then that's what I would have said.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
If somebody asks me today what I am DOING at the weekend (or THIS weekend) I will tell them my plans for 17/18th August.

If somebody asks me today what I DID at the weekend, I will tell them what I did on 10/11th August.

If somebody asks me today what I am doing NEXT weekend I will tell them what my plans are for 24/25th August.

Why don't you just tell them it's none of their business?

Biffa Bacon

Do people really struggle to understand what is meant by 'this week' and 'next week'? If you can understand that concept you can also understand what 'this weekend' and 'next weekend' refer to.

Mawsley

If somebody asks me today what I am DOING next weekend I will tell them my plans for 17/18th August.

If somebody asks me today what I am DOING the following weekend I will tell them my plans for 24/25th August.

But no one is ever interested in what I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669