When was the last time...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertFox

This topic is not meant to get these answers as such (but go for it, you statos!) but it's to highlight a few areas where we have been underachieving for years.

When was the last time we had a player who scored 20 goals in a season? I think it was Dickov, but who was it the time before that? And the time before that? Iwan Roberts?

When was the last time a city player scored a hat-trick? And the one before that?

When was the last time a City manager won manager of the month? And the time before that?

If we win tomorrow, it's three straight wins. When was the last time we did that?

Answers on a postcard... :roll:

Oh, and when was the last time we signed someone "to do a job" and they actually feckin "did a job"?

And I'm not talking about the "job" that Robbie Savage did in the ref's room, either... :-x

DesertFox said:
This topic is not meant to get these answers as such (but go for it, you statos!) but it's to highlight a few areas where we have been underachieving for years.

When was the last time we had a player who scored 20 goals in a season? I think it was Dickov, but who was it the time before that? And the time before that? Iwan Roberts?

When was the last time a city player scored a hat-trick? And the one before that?

When was the last time a City manager won manager of the month? And the time before that?

If we win tomorrow, it's three straight wins. When was the last time we did that?

Answers on a postcard... :roll:

In reference to that during th o'neill glory years we never had the big goal scorer, but we always had 3 players how scored 10-15 in each season. Also our defenders got 5 or so each, so thats always going to be a bit of a poor stat for City.

Dickov scored a hat-trick during the last promotion campaign in 2003 in a 4-0 win and he scored 20 goals in the season.

i know peter taylor got manager of the month when we were 1 point ahead of man utd at the top of the table, with a highly unentertaining draw at Scumderland....adams will have got a few while we were pissing on the old division one (old division 2 for some) 2 years ago.

DesertFox said:
Oh, and when was the last time we signed someone "to do a job" and they actually feckin "did a job"?

And I'm not talking about the "job" that Robbie Savage did in the ref's room, either... :-x

harry bassett was brought in (early in the season) to steady the ship as we go down, pretty ambitious by the board that one, and he certainly did get us relegated so well done there. but didnt really steady the ship as we went into administration, does he get a half point?

Blackpool, Gillingham, Reading. three straight wins in january, against top class oposition

fitz said:
i know peter taylor got manager of the month when we were 1 point ahead of man utd at the top of the table, with a highly unentertaining draw at Scumderland....adams will have got a few while we were pissing on the old division one (old division 2 for some) 2 years ago.

I think he only won one in September 2002... Harry n Jim probably won all the others that season :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363