Where are the big signings?

Are more signings needed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from disagree with your sentiment, let's get some reality here.

The only players City can only be in position to announce are freebies on pre-contract agreements because they are set in stone, most clubs are now shut up shop until July with players and agents on holiday, so you can rule out signing any players from clubs because deals could fall through or not be completed.

Pearson is probably on his hols for all we know.

Secondarily, look at all the signings announced elsewhere in the division. They are either freebies, players who have already been on loan at the club before signing or players from teams in admin. No other team is securing deals for players from other clubs. :icon_roll

Finally, the players Reading have released aren't quality. Lita is a mardy git ala Campbell, the Yank in goal has been poor for the past two season and Duberry's yesterday man. If we really wanna give it a go, why sign these past failures in the division. At Premiership level, these three were not Reading's top players.

Exactamundo, good post. The last thing we want is another Martin Allen style summer where anyone and everyone gets signed just because they're available.

Last edited:
I can't comment as to the ability of the two lads new to LCFC, as I haven't seen them play but, might I suggest that getting, hopefully, quality players for little expenditure may mean that Pearson has the cash to splash on a 'big' signing, e.g. Cox?

The sun is out, the tits are on show, the smell off bbq is in the air and the mongies venture from under their stones to ask why we haven't yet signed rivaldo, welcome to the summer boys and girls.

That's it....I've had enough...It's June and Rivaldo STILL isn't here...unacceptable.

My first instint is to blame Alex and this "holiday" pish posh, Holidays are for poofters, everyone knows that. You think Chuck Norris has holidays? ...Exactly...

After further reflection I'm going to start a hunger strike until we sign Joey Barton.

Sadly Jeff, it's even closer to June for you lot than it is for me, if only by 5 hours.

I'm an idiot, it's the delerium of the hunger strike I think...

I'm hoping to slip into a hunger induced coma and wake up just in time for season kickoff, by which time Rivaldo and Joey Barton will be marshalling our midfield.

We signed an up-and-coming Centre Half with first-team experiene of playing in the Premier League in a Liverpool side who are always in the top four in the country.

We signed a centre Half with bags of experience of playing in the level that we are about to enter and more crucially, with experience of being successful at that level.

Neilsen and Weale I know nothing about but due to that fact I ma not going to class them as 'Small Signings'.

I'm sure that Tevez, Iniesta and Rivaldo will all be unveiled in due time.

P.S. Obviously the answer to the Poll question is 'Yes' and I'm sure Nigel Pearson and his staff are as aware of this as anyone.

Last edited:
That's it....I've had enough...It's June and Rivaldo STILL isn't here...unacceptable.

My first instint is to blame Alex and this "holiday" pish posh, Holidays are for poofters, everyone knows that. You think Chuck Norris has holidays? ...Exactly...

After further reflection I'm going to start a hunger strike until we sign Joey Barton.

Joey has gone to brighton for a few weeks to get his sphincter loosened.

:tumbleweed:

All the signings so far don't impress me and the longer it goes without it I would say currently we're going to have a squad that will be bottom half standard.

Personally, I don't give a shit whether you or anyone else is unimpressed with the signings so far.

I remember seeing a teletext message saying Leicester City had signed Mustapha Izzet. I thought who the feck is that?
Turned out crap didn't he?:102:

Also remember the possible signings of Robbie Fowler and Jimmy FH, they didn't actually pull up any trees for Cardiff did they?

So, chill your beans, and see how they perform before chastising them!

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from disagree with your sentiment, let's get some reality here.

The only players City can only be in position to announce are freebies on pre-contract agreements because they are set in stone, most clubs are now shut up shop until July with players and agents on holiday, so you can rule out signing any players from clubs because deals could fall through or not be completed.

Pearson is probably on his hols for all we know.

Secondarily, look at all the signings announced elsewhere in the division. They are either freebies, players who have already been on loan at the club before signing or players from teams in admin. No other team is securing deals for players from other clubs. :icon_roll

Finally, the players Reading have released aren't quality. Lita is a mardy git ala Campbell, the Yank in goal has been poor for the past two season and Duberry's yesterday man. If we really wanna give it a go, why sign these past failures in the division. At Premiership level, these three were not Reading's top players.

I agree and take some of it back. I guess I'm looking forward to who we might get a bit early in the market, that's all.

I'm hoping to slip into a hunger induced coma and wake up just in time for season kickoff, by which time Rivaldo and Joey Barton will be marshalling our midfield.
I'd play Rivaldo just behind Tevez, thus leaving the midfield free for the dream pairing of Joey B and Joey G! (Umbongo will have to be pushed out to the wing, obviously)

Where's the signings that are going to help us do well in the Championship???

FFS! The 08/09 season isn't even finished yet and you're already worrying about not having the players in place for 09/10. HAven't you got anything better to do with your time?

The transfer window isn't even open yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669