Where are the city fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

step

i ask because they aint at any football match i have been to. All I see is moaning poeople that dont get behind the team.
We have been through a lot worst than this. I have actually seen some really good football at the walkers and what makes a bad day worst is the lack of support for the players and so the lack of support for city. I am sick of moaning fans belittleong our players, abusing the leicester shirt because we aint winning ( even though we deserve to be).
What happened to the die hard city fans that supported leicester no matter what. Where is the passion, where are the songs and where are the fans cos they aint at leicester.
To top it all we now have a anti CL campaign that is growing why, can anyone tell me what he has done wrong, cos i just cant see why he is to blame.
HE HAS NO MONEY
HE HAS NO PLAYERS
HE HAS NO GOAL SCORERS
What the effing ell do you boo boys expect.
How can city produce the results we all want. some one tell me, and dont say 'play mr x here and mr y there' because i will find as many followers that would contradict any suggestion.
Our problem is simply one of not enough money and getting rid of CL is not going to solve that.
BUT
one thing that can help CITY is if the fans get behind the team and i dont care what team that is. if it includes MDV then for city's sake support him
I aint and MDV fan but I am a big city fan, i though I curse and swear about out players. THEY DONT HEAR IT.
and all you real city fan out there ought to do the same

GET BEHIND OUR CLUB and then watch them win

Re: Whare are the city fans

you make some valid points mate, however the fact that we are in an atrosious position in the league and yet we still get 20.000 fans turning up says alot. leicester fans do care alot, but (in my opinion anyway) it's alot harder to go and watch your team out play someone week in week out and still lose or draw, just like crewe. leicester fans have had to go through alot over the years and yet they still havnt deserted an un under achieving side that fails to operform week in week out. i salute the city fans who turn up evey week and i like them remember the good times aswell as the bad. maybe one day we will all be rewareded for our loyalty :) untill then **** cov

well.

HE HAS NO MONEY

He has the 5th highest budget in the championship I believe and certianly had cash when we sold connoly.

HE HAS NO PLAYERS

That remark is just stupid, I feel we have some very talented players, a fair few of them used in the wrong manner ie. williams when we play long ball.

HE HAS NO GOAL SCORERS

Hume scoring almost every game now, and we have scored a respectable amount of goals in our last 6 games and feel that our defense is letting us down.

Chrysalis said:
Hume scoring almost every game now

Your definition of 'almost every game' must be very different to the one I'm familiar with.
OK he scored in his last game, but he didn't score in the two previous games. If you're talking about his last four games, he only scored in half of them, hardly 'almost every game' is it?

webmaster said:
Your definition of 'almost every game' must be very different to the one I'm familiar with.
OK he scored in his last game, but he didn't score in the two previous games. If you're talking about his last four games, he only scored in half of them, hardly 'almost every game' is it?

:038: took the words I was going to say.

Hume four goals total. He has IMO just started to settle, this has come about by starting matches and not coming off the bench hoping to shine in 5 minutes

Step, what the fook are you going on about, as Lako has stated crowds hovering around the 20000 mark, hardly the fans deserting a sinking ship, a fairly decent away following as well.

No money - your comment is ill informed and a rather sweeping statement, granted we dont have the funds available to us as we did when we were in the prem, but even with the cuts that had to be made, we still had a budget that was more than competitive, see Chrysillis post.

No players - Is that not a damning indictment of Levein by your good self, bearing in mind this is pretty much his squad. Maybury, Stearman, Johansson, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Gudjonsson, Smith, Williams, Hughes and Hume are all players that many a manager in the championship would love to have at their disposal, we have IMO a decent squad of players.

No Goalscorers - Bearing in mind that Levein has signed Hammond, Hume and De Vries then again you are adding your own fuel to the fire, Hume looks a class act who has started to score goals, now that he has been given a run in the side there is no reason to believe he cannot replace Connolly, but even with him and Hammond now scoring with more regularity we still cannot win games, so this argument carries little or no substance.

And I certainly dont buy into the fact that there is an anti Levein campaign on this forum, we are 19th yes 19th in the championship, if Adams was forced out for his performance last season and rightly so, IMO the time was right, then surely Levein has to at least be questioned and take responsibility for what has been so far a very poor season. I have seen very little in the way of Levein out threads, what I have seen however is a debate / discussion about how long he should be given to turn the current situation around and whether long term he is the right man for the job.

He has, as I have stated in numerous posts, done some pretty decent work in reshaping the squad, but he has been unable to find the right combination and formula to mould the squad into an effective unit capable of winning football matches on a regular basis, please bear in mind that the original plan for the season was to show a marked improvement on last season and to build a platform for a genuine promotion push in 2006 / 2007, in recent weeks there has been an improvement in our play but as we are now halfway through the season our results have in fact got worse, so therefore we are below Craig's own target and therefore under achieving.

I think Step may have had a few 'Sherbets',don't be too damning on him.:icon_wink

highland fox said:
I think Step may have had a few 'Sherbets',don't be too damning on him.:icon_wink

I know, H, but I find it fustrating and negative that what was a constructive and interesting debate ends up with a poster having a right a go at people who have merely voiced an alternative viewpoint. If he wants to start all that infantial playground stuff then let him go do it over on the darkside.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I know, H, but I find it fustrating and negative that what was a constructive and interesting debate ends up with a poster having a right a go at people who have merely voiced an alternative viewpoint. If he wants to start all that infantial playground stuff then let him go do it over on the darkside.

I know what it is like when I was an early voice in the MA out call. :icon_razz :icon_wink

Steven said:
I know what it is like when I was an early voice in the MA out call. :icon_razz :icon_wink

TBH Steven, I am not really saying I want Levein out, what I am doing is voicing my concerns that we are not making the progression we should be in terms of results and that I am concerned by our current predictament and his overall results record is beginning to give me doubts about him.

I think highland fox was the only one that understood what was going on. i was a bit blathered and ranting just ignore it. though every word is true.
We get 20.000 plus every match but a good few thousand aint supporting city they are booing them.
We do have fifth highest spend so we should we are one of six teams that haver been relegated. next season we should be eigth highest. but it still aint given CL a lot of money to spend. MY main point is
GET BEHIND THE TEAM

step said:
My main point is GET BEHIND THE TEAM
I think that every single one of us on this board, when we can get to games, do exactly that. You're preaching to the converted. Happy Christmas;)

I have criticised city fans in the past but the fact that there are 17 clubs above us who have lower average attendances and only 1 below that has a higher average suggests that in numbers we are doing pretty well.

It looks to me like the club is failing from top to bottom.

I don't agree that we have been worse than we currently are, I would say that in my time watching City we are equally as bad as the Pleat era, which for me was the worst. The fact that we are currently playing 2 quick strikers is making the games slightly more watchable.

It pains me to hear people booing at the games.. like thats going help them out. Doesn't help that one guy a few rows behind me in E2 is yelling Levein Out every time we concede a goal!
I will always get behind the team and never boo..
I don't think it is quite as bad as the Pleat era tho

:038: agree xantha im in e2 as well were you anywhere near the 'fans' arguing with each other and offering them outside for a slap

Xantha said:
It pains me to hear people booing at the games.. like thats going help them out. Doesn't help that one guy a few rows behind me in E2 is yelling Levein Out every time we concede a goal!
I will always get behind the team and never boo..
I don't think it is quite as bad as the Pleat era tho

where in the leaugue structure did we sink to with pleat?

Feriol said:
where in the leaugue structure did we sink to with pleat?

Last day of the Season needing to win to avoid relegaton to the then Div2 (now Div1),he'd left before then though.Thats last day of the Season not the Boxing Day in the Season.

On Monday the Millwall keeper almost punched the ball in his own net from a corner. Normally a good time to make him feel welcome with cries of "dodgy keeper", but alas no. It seems City supporters (some!) are more intent on giving our own players shit than the opposition. WHY? :102:

highland fox said:
Last day of the Season needing to win to avoid relegaton to the then Div2 (now Div1),he'd left before then though.Thats last day of the Season not the Boxing Day in the Season.

so did pleat leave us in a relegation spot, or did we fall further after he left?

i'm curious because it is before my time.

Feriol said:
so did pleat leave us in a relegation spot, or did we fall further after he left?

i'm curious because it is before my time.

Might be wrong but i think it was Gordon Lee who saved our skins in the end. Pleat had gone well before the end of that season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566