Where are they now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder what Brauny Blue is doing and why he doesn't post anymore.
We need more Brauny Blues posting to keep my rampant ego in check and under control

Apparently Alan 'Smudger' Smith is now working as a pundit on SkyTV. Incredible. I'd lost track of him over the years.

Well there's two of them according to the site:102:

SMITH Alan. Leicester City, Arsenal. (1982-1995) Played for England at semi pro and pro levels scored the only goal of the 1994 FA Cup Final become a Journalist after the help of a PFA grant allowed him to study at the London School of Journalisum, also works as a pundit for Sky.

Updated: 20-04-10 Neil Fissler

SMITH, Alan. Alvechurch, Leicester City, Arsenal (1981-1995) Smith retired from injury in 1995 whilst playing with Arsenal. He now works as television sports pundit for Sky Sports.

Updated: 08-05-10 Mikey Gray

Everytime I pick a letter I find errors somewhere on the page

BIRCHENALL, Alan MBE. Sheffield United, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Leicester City, Notts County, Blackburn Rovers, Luton Town, Hereford United. (1964-1979). Played for eight clubs during a sixteen year career. After a two and half year stint as manager of Trowbridge, became P.R.O. at Leicester, and can still found as a half time host. Alan’s commercial interests have included owning a village pub and running a ladies foootwear import business. He also helps local charities with his annual end of season run around Filbert Street.(England Under 23 international capped four times):102:

Also no place in the "A" section for Ade Akinbadbye? but Laurie Cunningham is in the "A" section :102:

Gerry Taggart is still a coach at Leicester City as well:icon_roll

And the spelling is a bit off even though this part is at least up to date

YOUNG, Alan Leicester City, Oldham Athletic, Leicester City, Brighton, Sheffield United Signed for Leicester City by Jock Wallace after scoring a Hat-Trick for Oldham to knock Leicester out of the cup the previous season, Alan quickly became a terrace legend at Filbert Street. Played in the FA Cup Quarter Final against Shewsbury when Alan had to go in goal due to an injury to City keeper Mark Wallington and was promptly knocked unconsious, after a while Young returned between the sticks and helped City to a 5-2 win. Alan was plagued with injuries during the twilight of his career. Alan has recently turned to broardcasting being the sumeriser with the BBC Radio Leicester's commentary team.

Last edited:
It's interesting to see what they go in to. Most are either football punditry or business ownership. Robbie Savage isn't there either... pretty obvious what he's up to now!

No, I look in the ex-players thread that has been around for friggin ages...

:icon_lol: No, I just find threads for stuff we already have a thread for a little bit rubbish.

Cant a mod merge it??

Apart from Boc's prediction league i have not really took any notice of whats been posted on here for quite a long period of time.
If i had known i wouldnt have posted it, but i'm quite happy if someone wants to delete or merge it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669