Where Now For Matty Piper (Home?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
drew said:
Its worth giving him a go.

Sunderland didnt think so thats why they have released him.....

He would only keep Lee Morris company...

Boy Genius said:
Sunderland didnt think so thats why they have released him.....

Get the feeling that the Mackems are desperately trying to offload who they can though...apparantely they wouldn't give Andy Gray on loan to the Sheep unless they agreed to sign him permanently at the end of the season

glyn said:
Get the feeling that the Mackems are desperately trying to offload who they can though...apparantely they wouldn't give Andy Gray on loan to the Sheep unless they agreed to sign him permanently at the end of the season

dead right where they are heading to, but Piper has been injury prone ever since he left us. Why do we need another crock?

Boy Genius said:
dead right where they are heading to, but Piper has been injury prone ever since he left us. Why do we need another crock?

I agree he shouldn't be given a contract straight off. But I can see no harm in giving him the summer when gets back from the States to see what he can do.

glyn said:
I agree he shouldn't be given a contract straight off. But I can see no harm in giving him the summer when gets back from the States to see what he can do.

He has already had umpteen operations, if its not right now it never will be. Take a brave club to take him on

Boy Genius said:
He has already had umpteen operations, if its not right now it never will be. Take a brave club to take him on

Pay as you play? :102: :102:

Steven said:
Pay as you play? :102: :102:

Thats about the only way, but do we know if Sunderland have paid him off with insurance money. That then has to be paid back

I have to admit that the position we are in, we may have to take a gamble or two in the summer, who knows Matty back at the club he never wanted to leave, could just work out, and I see no reason why a pay as you play deal cannot be beneficial to both parties. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Agreed. It doesn't take a rocket scienctist to work out he'll only get another pro contract on some sort of pay-as-you-go terms, so why not with us? He was a very good player for us in the Prem. If he's ever going to get over his injuries, I'd be happy if it was down Filbo Way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669