Where our players live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOZHOGAN

Surely if players join our club they would be more passionate when out on the pitch if they moved here and lived here within Leicestershire ??
Cant believe we have players commuting here from places like Yorkshire and further..
ImLeicesterTillIDie!! :038:

Surely if players join our club they would be more passionate when out on the pitch if they moved here and lived here within Leicestershire ??
Cant believe we have players commuting here from places like Yorkshire and further..
ImLeicesterTillIDie!! :038:

Some might argue that if they moved in to Leicester, they would be much more inclined to leave.

But we have loads of ex players who love living in Leicester and are still very passionate about the City, County and Football Club!

Players have families etc to think about and could leave the club at any time for a number of reasons.

Doesn't make even the tiniest difference in my opinion.

Players have families etc to think about and could leave the club at any time for a number of reasons.

Especially when you consider how quickly the clubs cut and run from players, and visa versa.

I think they should all live on Burnmoor Street or they can **** off.

Especially when you consider how quickly the clubs cut and run from players, and visa versa.

Exactly.

Ex-pros have the time to knock around charity events and enjoy golf courses in the countryside, but the current squad doesn't.

I mean, I bumped into the Birch in Mountsorrel Co-Op a few years ago and the fecker wouldn't stop talking, other people need to be saved from this fate. (Nah he's a lovely fella, so was Muzzy when I met him, but it still makes no difference where a pro lives)

Last edited:
Well, I still think it would make them more passionate when playing!

my personal opinion

The last 'big signing' to move to the city was Matt Mills (as far as I am aware), worked out well didn't it.

The last 'big signing' to move to the city was Matt Mills (as far as I am aware), worked out well didn't it.

Grew up in Rothley too, I believe.

True, but when average players weren't getting squillions, they were expected to move. I sympathise, but do not see how a player puts everything in at training when he has a couple of hours driving to do afterwards. I understand that Richie Wellens, for one, found commuting for training too stressful; surely not good.

I ... do not see how a player puts everything in at training when he has a couple of hours driving to do afterwards.

Does everyone who catches a train into London, and then onto the tube, hold themselves back at work in preparation for the commute home?

Does everyone who catches a train into London, and then onto the tube, hold themselves back at work in preparation for the commute home?

I often fly to visit customers and have to agree after my travel I really can't be arsed to do any work because I'm thinking about going home, I'll have to think up another excuse for why I can't be arsed to do anything in my home office.

Why on Earth would you think that? What possible effect could their postal address have on their pashun while playing?

I once played a weekend snooker tournament in Willie Thorne's club, and the Saturday night out in the town made me homesick more than I have ever been.

I played quite well though.

In summary.....Leicester bad, playing sport you love anywhere, good.

True, but when average players weren't getting squillions, they were expected to move. I sympathise, but do not see how a player puts everything in at training when he has a couple of hours driving to do afterwards. I understand that Richie Wellens, for one, found commuting for training too stressful; surely not good.

Richie has lost his driving companion for at least a month so he will be knackered if he is driving everytime now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669