Where was Dublin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

when the first goal went in, couldnt see him anywhere. One solution to stopping goals from corners is for our keeper to come and get the ball before someone heads it in, failing that we cant keep leaving players unmarked, pretty basic stuff, and its even more ridiculous when we keep persisting in pulling all our team back to defend the bloody corners!

we put 11 men all back defending and yet someone is still able to get a free header in, that is shocking.
I never understand why we don't leave someone pace upfront. oh yeah, we havnt got pacy players
Also with corners, I always think that we should have someone to offer short, since by getting one man out, oppositions need to take out 2 players to defend the short corners. If they only take 1 out, then the 2 players could pass it round the defender to get a cross in. makes sense.

One reason why they were so successful from corners was the fact that virtually every one of their players made late runs from the edge of the box and we couldn't cope! When we are attacking from corners the majority of our players are static in the box therefore easier to pick up. Tactically we were not good enough

it would appear that CL agrees with you all. Interviewed on radio leicester he said he would look at the way we defend corners and most likely change things. Said he got a lot of success defending them that way up north but it's not working for us and he accepted the responsibility for that. How refreshing to see a manager who spots when something isn't working and then has the humility to admit he may have been at fault and do something to change it...

I'm glad that he didn't say "That wasn't a Craig Levein team out there today" :wink:

Orifice said:
I'm glad that he didn't say "That wasn't a Craig Levein team out there today" :wink:

Or the old tried and tested " we will be working hard on the training ground to put it right." :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669