Where will waghorn, oakley and howard be next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waghorn deserves a chance in the first team squad, Oakley is past it now though and it's time for him to move on and Howard has been past it ever since we've been back in the Championship.

Waghorn deserves a chance in the first team squad, Oakley is past it now though and it's time for him to move on and Howard has been past it ever since we've been back in the Championship.

Why does he? I assume Sven has seen what he is capable of and probably realises, like a lot of fans, that all Waghorn offered last season was a lot of headless chasing. If he can channel this and use it effectively like he did in his loan season here then he has a future here, but on last season's showing he doesn't currently deserve a first team spot.

Why does he? I assume Sven has seen what he is capable of and probably realises, like a lot of fans, that all Waghorn offered last season was a lot of headless chasing. If he can channel this and use it effectively like he did in his loan season here then he has a future here, but on last season's showing he doesn't currently deserve a first team spot.

Well you've kind of answered yourself as he shown us that he is capable at this level in his loan season. He's still young too and one average season where he was injured for parts of it shouldn't write him off in my opinion.

I also think at the start of last season he may have been suffering from the pressure of large(ish) transfer fee for this league and also the expectations the fans had of him after a very promising loan season. Now we've spending more and other 'big' names are coming in he may flourish again with less presure on him and play more like during the loan season which is why I'd keep him in the first team squad.

Last edited:
In order, hopefully ... Playing for another team, in the squad as a back-up player and on the bench as another back-up option.

Well you've kind of answered yourself as he shown us that he is capable at this level in his loan season. He's still young too and one average season where he was injured for parts of it shouldn't write him off in my opinion.

I also think at the start of last season he may have been suffering from the pressure of large(ish) transfer fee for this league and also the expectations the fans had of him after a very promising loan season. Now we've spending more and other 'big' names are coming in he may flourish again with less presure on him and play more like during the loan season which is why I'd keep him in the first team squad.

Thats a good point M17TTC. I hope you are right and he has the opportunity to become the player we hoped he would. Still young, committed and talented , i would hate to see him go elsewhere fulfil his potential with a rival Championship club. Feel the same way about Hobbs too.

Well Derby seem to have targeted him again and want to sign him permo.

Be a bit disappointed personally, I think with the right manager he could go on to be a very good player for this level anyway. He's still learning and still has development to make. Turn of the year, he was doing an useful job in being a pinch-hitter for Yakubu.

Well Derby seem to have targeted him again and want to sign him permo.

Be a bit disappointed personally, I think with the right manager he could go on to be a very good player for this level anyway. He's still learning and still has development to make. Turn of the year, he was doing an useful job in being a pinch-hitter for Yakubu.

I like Waghorn because of his courage and willingness to work; just as I liked Nicky Adams. However, courage and willingness to work are not enough. Sven likes pace which I would guess is why he was willing to lose Fryatt. If a player is not fast he needs at least to be a good target man but Waghorn is too small for that. I think Waghorn is more talented than Nicky Adams and is the kind of striker who might well keep a struggling Championship club up but hopefully Leicester will have a squad that has moved beyond Waghorns abilities. .

I've heard several times that Waghorn is the paciest player in the squad bar Dyer. I don't think pace is his issue David.

Personally, I'm of the opinion he has plenty left to offer, but is far from the finished article. He has many of the physical traits required to be successful but will need to develop some of the savvy and nous shown by the Yak if he is to become as good a player as his potential would suggest.

As for Oakley, I also think he has a part to play in the club, given his leadership role and the fact he has always been "a clever" footballer.

Howard I have less patience for, though I see why some enjoy his style. For me, it's dated and he is limited. Nothing personal, like.

Locked in my cellar, wearing gimp outfits

Lovely
OK, that's your agenda for today, but where will Waghorn, Oakley & Howard be next season? You should be a politician, skirting round the question like that.

P.S. I've got this afternoon off, what time shall I pop round?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669