which is the better side

which is the better team?

• Mickey Adams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
Not long after that we sold Heskey to Liverpool. I think that demonstrated to MON that we were never going to be a big enough team in the prem to accomodate such potential, which possibly led to him leaving us for Celtic. Maybe if Heskey had stayed it would have all been different :(

Well, we offered Heskey more money than Liverpool did. It was the case of Heskey wanting to go to Liverpool, rather than us looking to sell him. Heskey was liverpool supporter aswell so it was a dream move for him.

Same with Celtic - I think we offered more money for O'Neill to stay at the club than Celtic did. But it's a case of moving to a club they support.

teenfox said:
Kaamark was one of the best defenders we have had in recent years. Remember his man marking of Juninho
He was great that day but i dont remember him doing much else for us, probably changed my mind on that a bit now i have thought about it, im just a very big fan of super frank

I think Frank is a decent player, but Kaamark was just quality. His defending qualities were second to none and I was sad when he left the club.

Scowcroft said:
No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
Not long after that we sold Heskey to Liverpool. I think that demonstrated to MON that we were never going to be a big enough team in the prem to accomodate such potential, which possibly led to him leaving us for Celtic. Maybe if Heskey had stayed it would have all been different :(

Well, we offered Heskey more money than Liverpool did. It was the case of Heskey wanting to go to Liverpool, rather than us looking to sell him. Heskey was liverpool supporter aswell so it was a dream move for him.

Same with Celtic - I think we offered more money for O'Neill to stay at the club than Celtic did. But it's a case of moving to a club they support.

You're right on both counts, which shows that we had the finances to break in to the elite (top six) on a regular basis. Just that we're not conventionally seen as an elite club. We're judged by our past. Just like Mark McGhee going to Wolves, saying its a bigger club. Historically maybe, but at that particular time? All due respect but history (such as who has won what trophies and when) should be totally irrelevant come 3:00 on Saturday.

It was Eadie not impey... so SamuearlJackson was right!!! I have the tape!!!!!!

I know this is an MA XI v MON XI debate, which is v. good question if asked in 2 years time. MON had 4 x top 10 FAPL finishes which is probably the best in our history for consistency (I'm no Stato). That team was MON's from 1 to 11. MA has not had the chance to build his 1st XI and it'll take a couple of year of solvency to get there.

What about comparing the MON top 10 team to the Bloomfield era when we had the last LCFC team to finish in the top 10 (someone previously said this team didn't win anything but we did have an FA Cup semi and 4 players in the England team for at one time (1974 v. N.I. - I was there!)

Team was something like (and this is only from memory because my old programmes are in the attic at my mums');

Shilton

Whitworth Cross [Blockley? Manley? Munro] Rofe (er.. help me out here for central defence)

Glover Sammels Birchenal Weller

Worthington Earle

Subs:
Waters
Stringfellow
Wallington

IMO - for attacking quality better than MON's best XI but didn't have their fight and reslience.

I agree with what has been said in relation to the impossibility of comparing these teams at this time. MON's team finished in the top 10 for 4 consecutive seasons. Micky has only had 12 games in his first season! :shock:

cant really compare them cause in the bloomfeild era i wasn't even thought of, although MA and MON buying tactics are completly differnent cause MON bought lower league players and made them premier quality and micky has revived the career's of preeirship rejects, there is no doubt of what a great manager micky is cause not many managers would be able to turn a teams fortunes and up the players confidence like he did after the wolves game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263