Which young LCFC (U.21) players do you rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

consty

YES:
Odhiambo
Gradel
Cox
King
Mattock

MAYBE:
Sheehan (just being good at dead-balls isn't enough. Bit like Paddy McCarty is some ways in that he is a gritty, big-hearted player who gives his all... but maybe not enough ability.)

NO:
Stearman. Sorry, seen enough to be pretty sure about this. Sincerly hope Chambers goes to RB.

If anyone has seen a lot of reserve football it would be particularly interesting to read your comments.

Last edited:
YES:
Odhiambo
Gradel
Cox
King
Mattock

MAYBE:
Sheehan (just being good at dead-balls isn't enough. Bit like Paddy McCarty is some ways in that he is a gritty, big-hearted player who gives his all... but maybe not enough ability.)

NO:
Stearman. Sorry, seen enough to be pretty sure about this. Sincerly hope Chambers goes to RB.

If anyone has seen a lot of reserve football it would be particularly interesting to read your comments.

How can you rate Cox, obihambo and gradel if you havent seen them play also i think stearman should either be moved as a reserve center back or we try and sell him while we have the chance.

king, cox, kee, chambers, mattock, odhiambo, gradel - potential - need seasons in the reserves
stearman - not sure about his distribution. always seems scrambled so can hardly be considered for a move into centre back- maybe
sheehan - not championship class.
the others - no idea.

king, cox, kee, chambers, mattock, odhiambo, gradel - potential - need seasons in the reserves
stearman - not sure about his distribution. always seems scrambled so can hardly be considered for a move into centre back- maybe
sheehan - not championship class.
the others - no idea.

you don't get down to many matches or reserve matches do you?

Weso over 21?

No, he's 20 I think. Promising player, but I'm very worried about the number of injuries he seems to pick up. The signing of Oakley and the (prospective) loan of Osbourne should give him the time and space he needs to develop IMO.

Seen Odhiambo play when he was on loan for Southend and wasn't overly impressed. He's quick and he gets into good positions (on the shoulder of the last defender) but he gets muscled off the ball too easily for my liking. Also had two one-on-one opportunities, one of which he should certainly have buried and didn't.

Have heard a lot of good things about Gradel, from Bournemouth fans, and one or two Leicester fans who watch academy/reserve football. The fact that Crewe wanted to try and get him on loan says quite a bit IMO as well given Gradi's eye for young players.

Mattock IMO could do with some time on loan, so perhaps could Ashley Chambers.

Last edited:
How can you rate Cox, obihambo and gradel if you havent seen them play also i think stearman should either be moved as a reserve center back or we try and sell him while we have the chance.

Who said I hadn't seen any reserve football? I have seen a handful (more than some posters here but there will be others who watch nearly all) - and also saw some pre-season games too. Just inviting others with similar close-up views. Amongst the relatively 'unkown' players (many of have seen King, Mattock in the first team etc) my tip is that Cox might be ready for the big time in a couple of seasons. (That comes from watching him!!!)
BTW, I should add Weso to the list. He's a good player but probably needs to be on the fringes for the rest of this season.

Last edited:
I think the next big thing here will be Ashley Chambers, I saw him close up in the pre-season at Quorn and his skill and pace really stood out. Admittedly he didn't do alot when he played on the wing for the first team but he's still young yet, he'll get better.
PS Stearman is a better player than most on here are admitting.

I think the next big thing here will be Ashley Chambers, I saw him close up in the pre-season at Quorn and his skill and pace really stood out. Admittedly he didn't do alot when he played on the wing for the first team but he's still young yet, he'll get better.

Lineker was not a winger, didn't stop Wallace playing him there...

Or Cruyff when he was a proven striker...

Last edited:

Agreed, suffers from having to play in about half a dozen positions under about a dozen managers.

Have to say, I smoke. So at half time I go out the doors for a roll up. Last match, New Year's Day, some guy was incandescent that Chambers was on the bench. Said he was a neighbour and had seen him caned at 5am that morning.

Probably a lie.

But I have to say that we don't seem to do the hard-line discipline that many other clubs appear to do.

We've all heard rumours about the younger players, haven't we? I won't name them all. Some of them could be totally unfounded.

But the rumours are there, and we have to ask why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669