Whilst the uneasy truce remains..

Status
Not open for further replies.

homer

Can we share some views on a different subject, without making any reference to Micky Adams, Alan Cork, Dave Bassett, or fickle boneheads

I said at the last fans forum that the 120th anniversary has made me more disenchanted with LCFC than anything I can remember in my 35 years of support. A bold statement, but absolutely true. Far more than anything on the pitch could ever do to me.
The whole idea of creating an event out of nothing (I don't recall the 110th anniversary celebrations).
The whole pepsi max rip off tournament
The new (dreadful) kit appearing from nowhere
The endless merchandising etc.
The uneasy feeling that I am being ruthlessly exploited

It is obvious to anyone with half a brain that the the club must be proactive in its efforts to generate income, but this thing gets right on my tats.

It's on the agenda for the next meeting, and I'm keen to hear what you think about this, and the way in which the club markets itself in general.

To be honest, I don't care if we have a 121st anniversary. Simply because it is my choice to go to any celebration, my choice to purchse any new kit/merchandise, my choice if i want anything to do with it or not.

I dont disagree with your points homer but as babylon states you dont have to buy anything.

homer said:
Can we share some views on a different subject, without making any reference to Micky Adams, Alan Cork, Dave Bassett, or fickle boneheads

I said at the last fans forum that the 120th anniversary has made me more disenchanted with LCFC than anything I can remember in my 35 years of support. A bold statement, but absolutely true. Far more than anything on the pitch could ever do to me.
The whole idea of creating an event out of nothing (I don't recall the 110th anniversary celebrations).
The whole pepsi max rip off tournament
The new (dreadful) kit appearing from nowhere
The endless merchandising etc.
The uneasy feeling that I am being ruthlessly exploited

It is obvious to anyone with half a brain that the the club must be proactive in its efforts to generate income, but this thing gets right on my tats.

It's on the agenda for the next meeting, and I'm keen to hear what you think about this, and the way in which the club markets itself in general.

They could try winning a few fecking games which I would expect see their coffers bulge a little more. It ain't fecking rocket science :roll:

I agree with you all, but i think homer may have a point -

Should we start to worry about the financial status of the club? they do seem to be doing everything and anything to generate income, are we on the verge of serious debt again? Gates are way lower than expected (because ticket prices are way too high) and we are not looking like gaining promotion this year.

i thik there may be trouble ahead when it comes to the club finances! if we stay down i think we culd see all of our stars leaving next year and us being left with nothing and no money.

Ah, we are very different animals

Sadly most of the herd do not exhibit your strong sense of free will, and lap up anything that is thrown at them.
It's blatant exploitation of the vulnerable and inherently stupid

You see, I objected to the change from Marathon to Snickers

I think they should put 50% of their riches on black and keep 'em crossed!

homer said:
i think we culd see all of our stars leaving next year

Forgive me for having a little chuckle at that...

The only star likely to appear at the Walkers this season is named Freddie.

It's not just us though most clubs are the same,they know people will buy all this shite so you can't blame them for selling it etc.

highland fox said:
It's not just us though most clubs are the same,they know people will buy all this shite so you can't blame them for selling it etc.

Hands up now, who has bought any of the 120th anniversary tat?

I was tempted by the spinning bow-tie but decided against it because it never lit up.

highland fox said:
I was tempted by the spinning bow-tie but decided against it because it never lit up.

Images of Frank Butcher and Pat spring to mind. Thanks, I've just been sick into my mug of coffee.

Joe_Fox said:
highland fox said:

Images of Frank Butcher and Pat spring to mind. Thanks, I've just been sick into my mug of coffee.

Oh i can remember that episode, never watched it again, like two prop fowards going at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669