Who do you recon is coming then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who-Izzet

Craig Levein: "The whole thing needs to change around. We are here to build something. The up-and-down nature of the club over the past few years is something we want to do away with."

"It takes time and we have no illusions that it is going to be a huge task. We are working hard behind the scenes with a view to bringing down the average age of the squad and the intention is to do something in the next few weeks."

Anyone seen any threads suggesting any players or rumours?

1 must be Maybury, but the other I wouldn't be sure of. We have been linked with strikers but I think our problem is getting the ball to them. With Morris, Tiatto & Gillespie all out were gonna struggle more than before. Bobby Petta is on trial at Bolton, I have a feeling it will be him.

Scott Severin would be a good buy from Aberdeen if we have enough.

Ive got a sneaky feeling Stevie Crawford might be being looked at.
He is wanted by a number of scottish teams and after the Plymouth v Leicester game CL had kind words for him on Century FM and said he's the kind of striker he wants at the club.So maybe...

And he wont cost much with Bobby Williamson wanting him out quickly because at the moment he is runing the team spirit.

Kopite said:
Ive got a sneaky feeling Stevie Crawford might be being looked at.
He is wanted by a number of scottish teams and after the Plymouth v Leicester game CL had kind words for him on Century FM and said he's the kind of striker he wants at the club.So maybe...

And he wont cost much with Bobby Williamson wanting him out quickly because at the moment he is runing the team spirit.

the one problem is he wants to go back to scotland!!

We could sign Frank Sinclair, Callum Davidson and Billy McKinlay

homer said:

we could sign a lot worse players, i couldn't/still can't see why we let them 3 go, surely it couldn't have been they wanted to much wage's as they can't be on much more at the clubs they're at now.

Also i think Lee Trundel at Swansea would be a good signing for us. he's 27/28 so would want to move up the league before he gets to old, skillfull, a good passer of the ball, and scores a fair bit. the only problem i can see is Swansea would want to much for him.

homer said:

These are 3 players that we dearly miss....and what is stefen freund up to these days...what i'd do to see freund back in midfield

leicester_til_i_die said:
homer said:

we could sign a lot worse players, i couldn't/still can't see why we let them 3 go, surely it couldn't have been they wanted to much wage's as they can't be on much more at the clubs they're at now.

Also i think Lee Trundel at Swansea would be a good signing for us. he's 27/28 so would want to move up the league before he gets to old, skillfull, a good passer of the ball, and scores a fair bit. the only problem i can see is Swansea would want to much for him.

Billy Mac and Callum Davidson fell out with Micky apparently. Not sure how true that rumour is...but heard it a while back.

dont know if hed step down a division, but naysmiths our of contract at everton at end of season, better than davidson IMO

I see absolutely no point in re-signing old players and what happened to getting the age of the squad down? Forget about McKinley,Davidson coming back,it ain't going to happen...Thank Christ.

Yeah them 3 were pretty good. Preston got a good deal with Davidson & same as Burnley with Sinclair. I don't think Leicester would have Sinclair back though after La Manga.

Freund another, but CL is trying to get the age down right. Is he back at Kaiserslautern?

How about young Irish man Jonathan Douglas? Not getting in the team anymore at Blackburn, think he's played 2 games this season for them. Won 2 caps for EIRE last season. Don't know about that happening though, I'm sure Hughes will want to keep hold of young talent.

DOn't get too excited by January IMO. I think CL is looking to the summer to start the re-build.

Yeah true, were nearly there now!

Still from what I've read I think someone will be coming in even if its a loan, now is a good time for CL to take a look at people.

If we are to bring in any new players over the coming weeks, IMO they are likely to be decent youngsters from the Scottish game or players that Levein knows through his time in Scotland like Maybury and Kirk.

I would be very surprised if we signed any of the old brigade, especially when we are trying to lower the age of the squad and remove ourselves from the short term fix.

Lets hope CL can bring in 3/4 players in the coming weeks to freshen things up and to allow some sort of rebuilding work to be started now. I would really like to see CL operate in the transfer market and also start to see how a team containing some of "his players" would perform.

Yeah it would be nice to see a few new faces from CL. I'm sure he's already fed up with what he has seen here.

How about a loan swap until the end of the season Dabizas or Dublin for Rob Hulse at WBA,aren't they supposedly interested in Dabizas?

With Benjamin and Blake having gone out on loan now, you'd imagine a striker is his main priority (which it probably was anyway, and rightly so), and he's probably already got somebody lined up.
Could be Kirk.

Any ideas who it could be?

I'm not too sure, could be De Vries as he isn't getting on well at Hearts at the moment. Or it could be someone younger like Kirk.

MacLean of Sheff Wed was a name someone mentioned on another thread that probably would be my choice.

I have a feeling that Levein is not one to rush out and buy whoever is available, a bit like O'Neil, and unlike Micky. We might see a few players come in soon that he's worked with before in Scotland (such as de Vries, Kirk, Maybury) and maybe one or two he's had his eye on, but I don't think he's the sort of man to sign people on reputation that he hasn't scouted out for himself. I expect one or two players he knows well, and then some fresh talent in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00