who has been our worst striker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe my mind is playing games. I remember the effort, just no end product.

Disgraceful slur. Sticks was a gazelle flying down that left wing. Many a game he flabbergasted the opposition. He doesn't deserve mentioning in the same way as many of these. He was a popular player for us and always put a shift in.

My personal worst ever was Trevor Benjamin. I've no idea how he made a career from the game.
I think he mostly hopped from club to club to club to club to club to club to club to club to club to club etc ad infinitum based on “a Premier League club paid a million quid for me once”. The one thing Trevor definitely had was effort, but he had virtually nothing else of any use to a top flight football club. Couldn’t pass, could barely control the ball, and didn’t seem to even fully understand where the goal was or what it was for. Good pick.

Big Trev. By a mile. He was not a footballer in any way ever. Ever, ever, ever. ****ing amazing comedian though.

I think he mostly hopped from club to club to club to club to club to club to club to club to club to club etc ad infinitum based on “a Premier League club paid a million quid for me once”. The one thing Trevor definitely had was effort, but he had virtually nothing else of any use to a top flight football club. Couldn’t pass, could barely control the ball, and didn’t seem to even fully understand where the goal was or what it was for. Good pick.

He's the only player I've ever seen forget which way his team were attacking twice in the same half.

For me the worst since at least O’Neill is definitely Elvis Hammond. He’s never been a footballer either. His “ankle injury” seals it though.

Carl "could hit a goal the size of a tennis" Cort gets my dishonourable vote. I lived with a Spurs fan at uni and Elvis Hammond came on in the FA cup during the first half to change the game, so I've always had a soft spot. Hell of a starting line-up that day... :oops:

Leicester: Douglas, Stearman, Maybury, Johansson, McCarthy, Hamill (Hammond 35), Smith (Kisnorbo 90), Gudjonsson, Williams, Hughes, de Vries.
Subs Not Used: Henderson, Hume, Dublin.

Tottenham: Robinson, Stalteri, Kelly, Gardner, Dawson, Lennon (Tainio 87), Brown (Defoe 70), Carrick, Jenas, Keane, Rasiak.
Subs Not Used: Cerny, Pamarot, Routledge.

Maybe my mind is playing games. I remember the effort, just no end product.

Does your mind not recall the outrageously offside goal he scored at Fratton Park to take us to Wembley? For that alone he gets into our list of Top Ten strikers!

Does your mind not recall the outrageously offside goal he scored at Fratton Park to take us to Wembley? For that alone he gets into our list of Top Ten strikers!
Ah yes - Pompey, we seemed to play them a lot in those days.

You’ve sort of reinforced my point, the goal should have been disallowed!

255 appearances up to and when he played for us and a whopping 52 goals...

Phil Gee, impact sub!

You answer a post about Norman the Droid with a diatribe against Tricky Trev but for that late goal that hushed the oldgold side of Molineux he too gets a place high in my Top Ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363