Who wants to txt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

I now have a way to allow people to send text messages which can be automatically added to the website.

This would give people the opportunity (if they're sad enough), to text in a report directly from a match, for example.

If I do set it up it would be dead easy to use. You'd just have to send a message to 60300 with the text "LCFC " followed by your message. You can send one now if you want, but it will go to my email instead of the site. It costs the same as a normal sms.

It'll probably take a fair bit of work to add to the site, so I don't want to do it unless people will use it.

So would anyone use this feature?

webmaster said:
I now have a way to allow people to send text messages which can be automatically added to the website.

This would give people the opportunity (if they're sad enough), to text in a report directly from a match, for example.

If I do set it up it would be dead easy to use. You'd just have to send a message to 60300 with the text "LCFC " followed by your message. You can send one now if you want, but it will go to my email instead of the site. It costs the same as a normal sms.

It'll probably take a fair bit of work to add to the site, so I don't want to do it unless people will use it.

So would anyone use this feature?

Absoluitley blinding idea Webbo...

for those who dont have a Pocket PC and GRPS mobile like myself :smt044

Not for me, thanks, but I'm sure it would be smashing. I'm sure some saddoes would go for it, Webster me owd fruit

Highland could text us direct from Scarborough gents toilets, for example

You know us Highlanders don't have Mobiles Homer,just like you Coalville mob don't have sanitation

ScarboroughFox said:
How much money do you make per text Webbo??

I wouldn't make any money, it would be costing me money to run it. It's a standard rate text, so the phone companies get the money.

I could make money from it by charging extra. For example if I charged 25p in addition to the normal text cost I'd get between 5p and 8p per text. But I won't be doing that for this.
I may use premium rate texts in future to run competitions (not necessarily on this site), but the money would be used to pay for prizes.

just like you Coalville mob don't have sanitation

Sticking my arse out of the window and crapping into the street is great sanitation, as far as I am concerned

This is far removed from the reason that Highland sticks his arse out of the window, but that's another story.....

Deanos Beano said:
Will it be able to post photo's taken from a mobile????

That's not something I've thought of. I don't have a camera phone, so I have no idea what format they send stuff in, and it would be difficult for me to get working if I can't test it.

If people were using it to send pictures from a match there would be copyright problems. Sending reports directly from the match would be a problem too (not allowed under league/FA rules), but we could probably get away with that.

webmaster said:
Deanos Beano said:
Will it be able to post photo's taken from a mobile????

That's not something I've thought of. I don't have a camera phone, so I have no idea what format they send stuff in, and it would be difficult for me to get working if I can't test it.

If people were using it to send pictures from a match there would be copyright problems. Sending reports directly from the match would be a problem too (not allowed under league/FA rules), but we could probably get away with that.

Maybe there is a little more thought required, I don't want to get the site in too much trouble. Just thought it would be nice to see some of the crew on this forum, having their mug shots with their quotes, but if it going to cause trouble then I won't bother.

There's a photo gallery in General Chat - so it can be done if that's all you want to do DB

The problem is with sending photo's back of live games - some cobblers rule about taking photo's of games and then publishing them. THE MAN says it's against the law so we can't do it

Deanos Beano said:
Maybe there is a little more thought required, I don't want to get the site in too much trouble. Just thought it would be nice to see some of the crew on this forum, having their mug shots with their quotes, but if it going to cause trouble then I won't bother.

Using photos of people on this forum isn't a problem, it's photos taken inside a ground that has copyright issues.

If you want to see pictures of posters have a look at this thread: http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?t=8984

homer said:
just like you Coalville mob don't have sanitation

Sticking my arse out of the window and crapping into the street is great sanitation, as far as I am concerned

This is far removed from the reason that Highland sticks his arse out of the window, but that's another story.....

Did you know there is a Chaucer tale, part of the Canterbury Tales, in which there is a bloke that sticks his arse out of the window :?: :wink: ;-)

What about writing a MIDP (Java mobile) application to do the same sort of thing. :?: :wink: ;-)

webmaster said:
Deanos Beano said:

Using photos of people on this forum isn't a problem, it's photos taken inside a ground that has copyright issues.

If you want to see pictures of posters have a look at this thread: http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?t=8984

Thanks Webbo. I was thinking about taking pictures with my mobile in and around grounds, but like you say, there are copyright issues. Perhaps if I send you a picture at Charlton outside the ground or something like that you could see the format it comes in, and have a play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669