Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Pressman

• Other

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, it is Pegguy Arphexad...he always looked a comfortable keeper, and if it wasn't for his penalty saves we wouldn't have reached 2 league cup finals.....good on ya, Auntie Peggy! (who I believe is now 3rd choice keeper at Monaco after being released by Coventry)

Banks and Shilton are world legends but before my time sadly. Flowers commanded his penalty box and instilled great confidence in the defence. Even with his didgy hips you knew he would always put in a great performance.

Kevin Poole for me... who'll ever forget that save against stoke oin the play-off semi final first leg when we played pants and thanks to that save we rescued a draw...

I think Leicester have been lucky in that the quality of keeper we've had over recent decades has generally been pretty good.

Only being 20, however, and having seen my first game 14 years ago, I'd have to say Tim Flowers. The guy made incredible saves (remember the FA cup versus Arsenal where he kept Davor Suker out singlehandedly), commanded his area and just gave an aura of calm and assurance to the whole defence. Add to that he's a likeable guy and therefore probably my favourite Leicester keeper.

Also liked Poole and Keller whilst they were here as well

For me its Mark Wallington. I grew up with him. As it were.
For comedy value there can only be Spider Kalac :lol:

Its great that we've had so many quality memorable keepers in the last 40 years

Martyn said:
I think Leicester have been lucky in that the quality of keeper we've had over recent decades has generally been pretty good.

Only being 20, however, and having seen my first game 14 years ago, I'd have to say Tim Flowers. The guy made incredible saves (remember the FA cup versus Arsenal where he kept Davor Suker out singlehandedly), commanded his area and just gave an aura of calm and assurance to the whole defence. Add to that he's a likeable guy and therefore probably my favourite Leicester keeper.

Also liked Poole and Keller whilst they were here as well

That whole season Flowers was brilliant..........

Once again, blue tinted spectacles worn by the thirtysomethings, eh webbo? :wink:
Wallers was good, but not that good - I guess he gets support for being around so long, unlike the typical post - millenium one or two season signing. I still don't know how you are supposed to lovea player who's only here for a year...

Mine has to be Ian Walker.

don't forget that we have had the likes of Royce, Coyne etc not even play regualrly for us. Who would have been 1st choice at other clubs.

silkman said:
Once again, blue tinted spectacles worn by the thirtysomethings, eh webbo? :wink:
Wallers was good, but not that good - I guess he gets support for being around so long, unlike the typical post - millenium one or two season signing. I still don't know how you are supposed to lovea player who's only here for a year...

If you read the original question...

not the best goalkeeper, but the goalkeeper you've most loved???

You will see why I voted for Wallington

I liked Kalac when he was with us, even though he was about as good as Uri Geller's bent spoon. Have you seen him now, he has been with Perugia in Italy for a couple of years, previously with Roda JC in Holland. He's got a few Australian caps too, he was keeping Mark Schwarzer and Mark Bosnich out of the Australia team. How times change......

EMC Fox said:
silkman said:

If you read the original question...

not the best goalkeeper, but the goalkeeper you've most loved???

You will see why I voted for Wallington
Yes, and if you read my post, you'd see that I did read the question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566