Who will be number 2??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can it be?

Hello everyone, my 1st post here! Just spotted this on the Hearts web site. Seems as if the board are choosing the no.2 and not Mr Levein!

At the Walkers Stadium, Peter (Houston) will take the title of first team coach, something which he is assured will see him follow a similar role to that at Riccarton. "Leicester City wanted an English assistant manager, but Craig spoke to me, and said I will go down there and be the first team coach and do exactly the same as I do here," he explained.

"There is somebody in mind, who Craig doesn't know personally, doesn't know how he works, and doesn't know how good he is, so he is taking me there to do exactly the same work. He trusts me and I he knows how he work and he trusts me. That is why he has asked me. He knows that the players will get the correct training sessions, but we have heard an awful lot of good stories about the lad who could be joining us.

"Craig is an easy guy to work for as long as you work hard, and get the head down. My secret to working with Craig is to be one step ahead of him. I always like it when he asks for something to be done and you can go back and say it is already done! It is not about assistant managers and coaches anyway, it is about mucking in together."

Won't be Gary Mac then, because he played with Levein.

There's plenty of people it could be. Claridge, Cottee, Walsh, Parker, plus loads more probably. I'd like to see any of them at the club :)

Graz said:
Won't be Gary Mac then, because he played with Levein.

There's plenty of people it could be. Claridge, Cottee, Walsh, Parker, plus loads more probably. I'd like to see any of them at the club :)

Thats what I thought Graz as soon as I read that. I would be very surprised if somebody inexperienced was appointed.

Also Peter Houston does say they have heard good things about this guy.
Which does mean they have probably got some form of coaching / managerial experience.

I wonder if it is a name that came to the clubs attention through the applications for the managers position.

Ooh, this should narrow it down a bit

Hearts assistant coach Peter Houston insists his impending move to join Craig Levein at Leicester City will not be compromised by the midland club´s proposed appointment of an English assistant manager at the Walkers Stadium.

Levein moved south from Tynecastle on Friday and although Houston is currently holding the fort in Gorgie, he will link up with the ex-Jambos boss in the next couple of days.

However, it has emerged that Leicester have targeted one of their former players, who is currently an academy coach at a Barclaycard Premiership club, to also work alongside Levein

http://www.givemefootball.com/news.html?newsID=24669&type=domestic

Which of our ex-players has that job? Does Stuart Pearce have it at Man City? He's the only player I can think of.

Graz said:
Ooh, this should narrow it down a bit

Hearts assistant coach Peter Houston insists his impending move to join Craig Levein at Leicester City will not be compromised by the midland club´s proposed appointment of an English assistant manager at the Walkers Stadium.

Levein moved south from Tynecastle on Friday and although Houston is currently holding the fort in Gorgie, he will link up with the ex-Jambos boss in the next couple of days.

However, it has emerged that Leicester have targeted one of their former players, who is currently an academy coach at a Barclaycard Premiership club, to also work alongside Levein

http://www.givemefootball.com/news.html?newsID=24669&type=domestic

Which of our ex-players has that job? Does Stuart Pearce have it at Man City? He's the only player I can think of.

Isnt Kevin MacDonald an academy coach at Aston Villa, also on Sky text it does say that negotiations are on going but wont devulge the name.

Yeah I think he's some where amongst the Academy set-up @ Fulham.

Ive been browsing through some premiership websites, excluding the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea etc and below are names of academy coaches / manager, only 2 names you can possibly link with Leicester i think.

Everton - Ray Hunt
Boro - David Parnaby
Bolton - Chris Sulley / Jimmy Phillips
Portsmouth - Dave Hurst
Aston Villa - Tony McAdndrew (He was in set up down here, bt caused some problems internally i think ?) Kevin McDonald is the reserves coach
Spurs - Peter Suddaby
Charlton - Carl Laraman
Man City - Jim Cassell
Crystal Palace - Paul Holder
Birmingham - John O'Neill
Southampton - Huw Jennings

So maybe the story of an Academy coach being his No 2 could be wrong ?

welcome ox fox :D

i'd love to see walshy back, doing a micky harford for us!

muzzy magic said:
No one has mentioned Keown in all this.....could this be a possibility?

I did think Keown, or even Elliott, but I think they might've said an ex-player?

Thanks for the welcome MK.

:idea: Perhaps an outside bet might be Dennis Rofe at Southampton? Somehow can't see it myself though.

Graz said:
muzzy magic said:
No one has mentioned Keown in all this.....could this be a possibility?

I did think Keown, or even Elliott, but I think they might've said an ex-player?
blake? dublin? :wink:

Not sure about the academy link, but could cottee be a possibility? Parker would be good, Mcallister would be spot on IMO.

This Assistant Manager speculation is nearly as intense as when we were wondering who the new manager would be. I think the ex player link has created genuine excitement amongst supporters all trying to guess the identity of the mystery former hero.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
...the ex player link has created genuine excitement amongst supporters all trying to guess the identity of the mystery former hero.

John Curtis :lol: :lol: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670