• David Connolly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dion Dublin

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

Now Craig Levein has taken over who do you think will become our key outfield player this season...IMO it will be David Connelly hopefully if Levein gets him firing then it could be the difference.

Re: Who will be our key outfield player under Levein this se

Peter Canero, it has to be!

Joey Gudjonsson I went for. What I've seen ofhim he's been great, and Levein will give him more of a chance and the style of play will suit him more

Go on be brave, somebody vote for Dublin. :roll:

hopefully, connolly will be bangin in the goals! i hope levein bringsin some of his ex-hearts players...mark de vries and alan maybury would really improve our squad, what do you lot think?

Like Mad Biker says, all of them will be key if wee are to turn things around...

However, I voted for Connolly.. if we are to have an upturn in fortunes I believe it is essential that we start to play, as i believe we will, a type of game to suit Connolly, who then MUST show the type of goalscoring form he showed in his Wimbledon days.. as good as Scowy is, and I believe he will do a very good job for us now that after more than 3 seasons with us he is fuinally being played in his proper position, I see him as being more of a second striker, score his share of goals but make even more for his partner. As for the other strikers.. Benjamin and Wright won't score very many in my opinion.. Dublin and Blake, enough said.. Lee Morris I believe falls in to the supporting striker role again and realistically he's likely to play on the left wing more often than up-front.. so I see Connolly as the only forward with the potential to get 20+ goals this season and without a striker getting this many it's not likely we'll be near the top six...

I'm going for Gareth Williams because he looks like Leveins type of midfielder.

I think Williams could play a similar role to what young Robbie Nielson does at Hearts.

I agreev with mb,

Mad biker, I know it is early days, IMO most fans do feel that levien is the right man for the job, as an insider do think he is right?

I'll go for Scowcroft as long as he remains as striker,think him and Connolly are our best option up front.

i think danny tiatto, because levien already made him skipper for the game against crewe and you only have to watch his work rate and determination on the pitch to see how he can influence the other players to raise their game

bertfox said:
i think danny tiatto, because levien already made him skipper for the game against crewe and you only have to watch his work rate and determination on the pitch to see how he can influence the other players to raise their game

I chose Connolly because if he scores a striker's quota of goals he could well be instrumental in helping us up and if he doesn't we'll probably miss out because 18 goals a season folk are hard to find mid term.

To my mind, Connolly's training must focus on finding the net, finding the net ... so much that it becomes an inherent part of his make up. Not just 20-yard volleys but tap-ins, penalties, free-kicks the lot.

The net needs to become as familiar to him as it is to a north sea fisherman. Doesn't matter if he hits balls into an empty net. Left foot, right foot, five yards, 10 yards, hit the onion bag day in, day out until it is a habit.

Never mind what is saved, hit the target. Press-up punishment etc every time he misses. Match day instructions. From 30 yards forwards be greedy. Shoot, shoot, shoot. Don't mind if they're deflected in.

i would say connolly cos no matter how well anyone else performs itll mean nothing if hes not banging them in. scowy will be important too and i think we're finally about to see what a good div 1 striker he is, hes big, strong, good in the air - he'll create a lot for connolly by simply being a handful and IMO could weigh in with 14 or 15 goals himself.

I went for canero just ahead of connolly as i think he is going to be key in getting forward and creating numerous chances for connolly and wouldn't be suprised if it was from a right wing position. :D

I went for canero just ahead of connolly as i think he is going to be key in getting forward and creating numerous chances for connolly and wouldn't be suprised if it was from a right wing position.

somebody should redo this around the remodelled team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669